We’re looking for Plant Instrument Technicians at our Boundary Dam Power Station in Estevan, Saskatchewan.
The employee in this classification is responsible to fabricate, assemble, operate, troubleshoot, install, commission, maintain, test and repair equipment, machinery, controls, facilities and infrastructure associated with the specific trade.
· Interpret and implement plans, drawings and specifications related to installation, modification, repair and operation of equipment
· Analyze and diagnose equipment malfunctions and take corrective action, as required
· Participate in the design and field modification of apparatus and equipment
· Inspect, service and operate specialized equipment and tools
· Requisition and maintain an adequate inventory of parts and supplies
· Troubleshoot, maintain, test and repair industrial, electrical and control systems and other related devices
· Conduct preventive maintenance programs and keep maintenance records
· Arrange for appropriate permits and develop and perform switching procedures, as authorized
· Read, compile and maintain records and drawings associated with the position
· Adhere to applicable safety and environmental standards, regulations and corporate commitments
· Participate in continuous educational and professional development, as required
· Prepare cost estimates, as required
· Supervise apprentices and other staff, as required
· Maintain a clean and orderly work area
· Other related duties, as assigned
· Interprovincial Journeyperson Industrial Instrument Maintenance Mechanic Certificate
· Must be able to perform the physical requirements of the position
· Ability to cooperate and deal tactfully with others
· Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
· Valid Class 5 driver’s licence
Candidates are requested to submit a copy of their transcripts and proof of certification with their application.
Candidates under consideration will be required to participate in an assessment process consisting of any/all of the following: interview, abilities test, case study and/or presentation.
This position falls within the scope of the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers Union (IBEW), Local 2067.
Applications will be reviewed and positions will be filled on an on-going basis.