RIS/PACS Administrator- Medical Imaging
Job Title:RIS/PACS Administrator- Medical Imaging
Department:Medical Imaging Program
Job Category:Information Technology
New Work Type:Full-Time Permanent
Salary Range:$39.55 - $46.53 per hour
FTE Assignment (Cas=0.000001):1.0
Reporting to the Director, Medical Imaging (MI) & Laboratory Medicine, the incumbent is responsible for managing the operations for the Picture Archiving and Communication system (PACS) and Radiology Information System (RIS) In addition, the incumbent is also responsible for several other MI related software and the HR of the RISPACS team.
Additionally, this individual will act as a liaison in digital imaging initiatives within the Department and other departments. The individual is responsible for managing and coordinating existing and new PACS and digital imaging initiatives.
- Manage the daily operations of all Medical Imaging software by monitoring and ensuring applications, scripts and tasks are running optimally.
- Acts as a liaison between Medical Imaging and ICT, Emergency, Surgery, and other hospital departments relating to PACS and RIS initiatives.
- Provide advanced trouble-shooting when RIS/PACS Analysts escalate problems.
- Provide day-to-day guidance to RIS/PACS Support Analysts and back up personnel, as well as expert users who assist in day to day image reconciliation.
- Develop and oversee operations in Film Library relating to CD burning, importing of image data and image scanning.
- Perform advanced server administration normally reserved for vendor Engineers;
- Manage PACS related infrastructure changes including networking needs, reading room re-design, and millwork and power requirements.
- Configure information such as AE Titles, IP addresses, port numbers, physical location, operating systems, etc.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Responsible for planning and implementing all software upgrades in MI.
- Participate in RFP process for any equipment interfacing with PACS
- Develop MI related policies
- Work closely with the Director, Medical Imaging & Laboratory Medicine, in the development of operating standards, policies, and procedures
- Prepare reports for administration on all aspects of medical imaging operations, as appropriate or directed.
- Develop and design future needs and efficient workflow processes to improve quality of service.
- Develop, organize and manage ongoing training and competency programs for intra and extra departmental PACS training.
- Bachelor degree required, with a preferred concentration in Computer Science, Information Systems, or direct work experience equivalent;
- Minimum five years of relevant experience in PACS management & system integration required;
- Minimum five years of experience in Medical Imaging with technical multidiscipline (general radiography, CT, MR, Angiography) an asset;
- Experience with Carestream Vue PACS and Syngo Workflow is an asset.
- Project management experience is an asset.
- Experience with DICOM connectivity diagnostics and DICOM header knowledge and fixing capabilities;
- Experience with HL7 transaction and messaging knowledge;
- Experience in database administration an asset
- Experience with SQL and Oracle queries
- Ability to integrate multiple vendor systems;
- Able to troubleshoot any issue that arises;
- Experience with RIS, strongly desired;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including instructional and presentation skills;
- Strong clinical experience for enterprise wide workflow consultation and design/solution management desired;
- Proficient in Windows Server (2003/2008/2012), Windows XP, Windows 7;
- CCNA or Microsoft certification an asset;
- Project Management experience an asset.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision making skills