Working Here at St. Michael's Hospital
You are viewing a vacancy at St. Michael’s Hospital, now a member of a new health network along with Providence Healthcare and St. Joseph’s Health Centre. Together, we are committed to a shared purpose of advancing the health of our patients and our urban communities.
Technical Security Administrator
Job Title:Technical Security Administrator
Job Category:Information Technology
New Work Type:Full-Time Permanent
Salary Range:$28.58 - $34.12 per hour
FTE Assignment (Cas=0.000001):1.0
The Security Administrator is an intermediate-level technical position requiring extensive networking expertise, specializing in IT security concepts. The main responsibility of this role is to manage, administer, and configure the security systems within the IT Department at the hospital, including the Firewalls, Intrusion Detection Systems, e-Mail scanning tools, anti-spam/anti-virus tools, Remote Access technologies, VPNs, vLANs and others.
In addition to the primary security administration responsibilities, this role is also responsible for providing technical expertise in implementing various projects that are dictated by the Information Management Council (IMC) and the Technical Advisory Committee (TAC). This technical expertise could be in the form of providing expert opinion, or hands-on implementation on the various systems to ensure that the work required by the project is completed on time. The incumbent will be required to participate in reviewing emerging security technologies and providing technical recommendations based on their experience and knowledge.
The role also involves troubleshooting security related issues such as viruses, Trojans, intrusion incidents, etc. The incumbent will be responsible for coordinating the patching of servers with Microsoft updates/patches and other patches, as dictated by the Security committee; as well as conducting and reviewing security scans to identify, isolate and resolve the root cause of problems.
This position will require 7x24 support of all mission critical systems.
- Must have an undergraduate degree or community college diploma in Engineering, Mathematics or Computer Science.
- Minimum of 5 (five) years of experience in the IT Networking and Security field, with the last three concentrating on Security.
- Must have previous experience in a medium-large Windows AD environment.
- Must have extensive experience with different firewalls (Fortigate, Juniper, Cisco etc) and Intrusion Detection devices, as well as anti-spam/anti-virus tools.
- Security certifications (completed or in progress) such as CISSP, SSCP preferred.
- Microsoft certifications such as MCSE an asset.
- Sound knowledge of creating and configuring VPNs, vLANs, IP Sec and SSL encryption, remote access and DNS/DHCP services.
- Experience with RADIUS and wireless technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and analyze data and processes, and to work within a formal, structured (project) mentality.
- Demonstrated strong decision-making skills and the ability to work within a team environment.
- Demonstrated interest in continuous improvement.
- Ability to explain complex concepts in simple terms – i.e., geared to audience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to carry a mobile device 7x24 and participate in rotational on-call