Working Here at St. Michael's Hospital
You are viewing a vacancy at St. Michael’s Hospital, now a member of a new health network along with Providence Healthcare and St. Joseph’s Health Centre. Together, we are committed to a shared purpose of advancing the health of our patients and our urban communities.
Business Informatics Technical Specialist
Job Title:Business Informatics Technical Specialist
Job Category:Information Technology
New Work Type:Full-Time Temporary
Salary Range:$37.30 - $44.56 per hour
Length of Temporary Assignment:until March 31, 2019
FTE Assignment (Cas=0.000001):1.0
The Business Informatics Technical Specialist spearheads all technology initiatives and is responsible for the execution of deliverables on all system/tool tasks. The Specialist must have in-depth knowledge of technology tools (example Smart notification, Crystal, SQL, Design Studio, IPA) in order to execute the business initiatives. These various tool sets are very complex and require highly skilled individuals who must constantly update their knowledge and keep abreast of technology upgrades and new functionality. The Specialist must constantly analyze these updates to determine the impact to organization and make recommendations for improvements or changes.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for maintaining and supporting the integrated technical tools and processes
- Must maintain an in depth working knowledge of certain tools/processes
- Must maintain at a minimum, integration and general working knowledge of other tools/processes
- Must maintain at a minimum, general working knowledge of integrated applications / modules
- Must be detail integrated technical tools and process focused
- Responsible for ensuring that the tool architecture is efficient, effective, scalable, and maintainable.
- Performs on-going technical reviews to identify any gaps.
- Responsible for addressing complex integrated technical issues or questions from stakeholders and customers. Responsible for the following:
- Defining and scoping the issue properly
- Analyzing the problem
- Generating potential solutions
- Selecting and planning the solution
- Testing and implementing the solution
- Evaluating at the appropriate interval(s) the results of the implemented solution
- Responsible for supporting certain tools or technical processes below, as needed.
- Interfaces – monitor and troubleshoot issues
- SQL – for reports development in test and adhoc queries in prod/test
- Patches/Service packs – identifying, selecting and scheduling of patches to apply
- Crystal – development, end user support
- Cognos (WFM) – development, end user support
- LBI (including maintenance of security and bursting rights)
- Infor Process Automation (IPA) – knowledge of tools and read only access to process flows
- Document Management System (DMS) – SME
- Optical Character Recognition (OCR) - SME
- Excel Addins – SME and end user support
- Spreadsheet designer – SME and end user support
- Design Studio
- Smart Notifications
- Security – maintenance of roles, groups etc in TEST (Lawson S3, Landmark, WFM, RCM)
- AVAAP – SME and end user support
- Electronic Data Interchange (EDI)
- Evaluated Receipt Settlement (ERS)
- Health Care Analytics (HCA) – SME and end user support, Application Studio, Dashboards
- Facta Vera – SME, end user support, security
- Rogue Data – SME, end user support, security
- Configuration Console – forms customizations and security roles definitions
- Smart Office and Mashup Designer – SME, end user support
- Lawson Interactive Desktop (LID)
- WFM Rules – maintain and define
- ERMS – SME, end user support
- Implant application – SME, end user support
- 4 year university degree – IT related required
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience working with Integrated ERP Systems required
- Experience with Infor applications is an asset
- Proficient in SQL and Crystal
- Experience with BI and EDW an asset
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Products: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio and Access
- Must be motivated and self-directed.
- Demonstrates initiative and willingness to learn
- Analytical and problem solving skills: demonstrate the ability to apply logical thinking to gathering and analyzing information, designing and testing solutions to problems, and formulating plans.
- Written and oral communication skills: the ability to communicate effectively with superiors and colleagues is essential.
- Time management: need to be able to work on many projects with different deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently and under pressure with tight deadlines
Monday to Friday 8:30 to 4:30