Working Here at St. Michael's Hospital
You are viewing a vacancy at St. Michael’s Hospital, now a member of a new health network along with Providence Healthcare and St. Joseph’s Health Centre. Together, we are committed to a shared purpose of advancing the health of our patients and our urban communities.
Human Resources Business Partner
Job Title:Human Resources Business Partner
Job Category:Human Resources
New Work Type:Full-Time Permanent
Salary Range:Salary Under Review
FTE Assignment (Cas=0.000001):1.0
This network is currently recruiting for two (2) Human Resource Business Partners (HRBP). One (1) HRBP role will be assigned to the St. Michael's Hospital site and one (1) for the Providence Healthcare site. The successful candidates for these role may be required to work at any of the three network sites in future.
The Human Resources Department (HRD) is a vehicle for facilitating decision making for staff at the corporate and department level across our integrated health network (Network) providing advice/support for multiple departments/programs. The HRD provides a service that empowers and supports management and line staff in the delivery of initiatives that requires utilizing human capital to ensure the optimal delivery of service provision i.e., Corporate Health And Safety Services; Total Rewards And HR Support Services e.g., Compensation And Benefits, Payroll; HR Programs And Consulting Services e.g., Recruitment, Learning and Organization Development, Employee Service Centre, Labour and Employee Relations.
HR Consulting Services follows a Business Partner model consisting of the responsibility for advising, guiding, educating and supporting an assigned client group as it pertains to the management of their human resources from an operational, strategic and labour perspective.
The Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) provides a full range of value added HR services to assigned client groups, Primary responsibilities include:
- Maintaining responsibility for supporting the operational and strategic objectives of the Hospital through the provision of Human Resources (HR) advice and best practice;
- Acting as the first point of contact for leaders and managers of assigned functional clients group;
- Supporting decision making with proactive advice and solutions crafted to meet current and future business needs;
- Engaging with subject matter experts throughout HR and other corporate support areas to provide client(s) with a holistic approach to issue resolution, utilizing understanding of client(s) businesses, issues and challenges to provide insight
- Collaborating and providing feedback to HR Subject Matter Experts, Employee Service Centre and program owners regarding program design, issues/trends and their impact on assigned client groups;
- Performing absence management, disability and return to work responsibilities;
- Performing organizational development responsibilities.
- Post-secondary degree in Human Resources Management or recognized equivalent of education and experience.
- Current membership with the Human Resources Professional Association of Ontario preferred. CHRP or eligible for candidacy preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Human Resources providing employee and labour relations advice guidance, and effective solutions in supporting Human Resource needs of clients.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in leading workplace investigations and advising, guiding, educating and supporting leaders in managing their human resources capital and strategic business objectives.
- Superior knowledge of legal principles and framework associated with all aspects of Labour Relations (including collective bargaining, grievance arbitration, discipline and discharge, performance management, attendance management etc.).
- Solid knowledge of Human Resources policies and procedures, and employment-related legislation (Labour Relations Act, Pay Equity Act, Human Rights Code, Occupational Health and Safety Act, Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, Employment Standards Act, Hospital Labour Disputes Arbitration Act etc).
- Experience working with an HRIS system and proficiency in MS Office Suite required.
- Demonstrated commitment to providing values based, service oriented and collaborative partnerships.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills required.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills.
- Satisfactory attendance record.