Administrative Assistant - Director - Specialized Complex Care
Job Title:Administrative Assistant - Director - Specialized Complex Care
Department:Specialized Complex Care
Job Category:Administrative/Clerical Support
New Work Type:Full-Time Temporary
Salary Range:$26.37 - $31.04 per hour
Length of Temporary Assignment:4 months
FTE Assignment (Cas=0.000001):1
The Administrative Assistant will provide organizational and administrative support to the Program Director for the Specialized Complex Care, which includes areas such as MSICU, Endoscopy, G.I./General Surgery/Plastics, Respirology, Hematology/Oncology, Medical Day Care Unit, Specialty Clinics, Breast Centre, Palliative Care Unit and Occupational and Environmental Health.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains an organized office by monitoring office activities, daily communication, coordinating workflow and setting priorities.
- Organizes, manages and maintains an up-to-date electronic calendar/schedule for Program Director
- Work with other Administrative professionals to prioritize conflicting schedules
- Provides support to the other Administrative professionals across the program
- Manages activities related to committees (i.e. booking meetings, conference rooms, and recording, transcribing and disseminating minutes and other material as needed)
- Composes and types memos, letters, spreadsheets, presentations, proposals and other correspondence for internal/external communication purpose
- Completes payroll time entry, facilitates and resolves issues relating to the payroll process for the team reporting to the Director of Specialized Complex Care Program.
- Arrange and organize special projects/events as assigned (i.e. conferences, retreats, workshops), staff recognition and team building events (luncheons, farewell events), and travel arrangements
- Coordinates teleconferences, audiovisual supports, flyers, event marketing etc.
- Assists with tracking and monitoring budget
- Acts as an information conduit, receiving and managing sensitive and/or confidential information and disseminates highly confidential documents.
- Responds to and facilitates urgent situations referred to the Program Director.
- Ensures prompt communication of messages from internal and external stakeholders and facilitates follow-up communication, using appropriate judgment and discretion at all times.
- Completes other duties and special projects as assigned
- Successful completion of an Office Administration Program or related years of work experience in an administrative assistant position.
- Minimum five (5) years' related experience in a senior level administrative capacity in a health care environment preferred.
- Must have advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), Outlook calendar management, Scheduler Plus, Time Entry and Approval. Experience in conducting internet research/searches is required.
- Excellent communication (verbal/written) and interpersonal skills coupled with a strong customer service orientation
- Ability to effectively act as an agent/liaison for the Director of Specialized Complex Care with good judgment and discretion of respecting confidential information
- Excellent organization and priority setting skills including demonstrated ability to coordinate and proactively manage multiple and complex situations
- Strong track record of establishing positive internal/external relationships
- Must be able to function as a member of a team, work independently and professional environment
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to handle internal and external request competently, while managing confidentiality
- Prioritizing workload efficiently and effectively to meet predictable and unpredictable deadlines
- Demonstrated commitment to and understanding of the Mission and Values of St. Michael's Hospital
- Must have an excellent attendance record and be able to work flexible hours based on critical needs