Working Here at St. Michael's Hospital
You are viewing a vacancy at St. Michael’s Hospital, now a member of a new health network along with Providence Healthcare and St. Joseph’s Health Centre. Together, we are committed to a shared purpose of advancing the health of our patients and our urban communities.
Clerical Assistant - Therapeutic Endoscopy
Job Title:Clerical Assistant - Therapeutic Endoscopy
Job Category:Administrative/Clerical Support
New Work Type:Full-Time Permanent
FTE Assignment (Cas=0.000001):100
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting directly to the Clinical Leader/Manager, the Clerical Assistant is an intregral member of the Endoscopy Team and Gastroenterology and General Sugery and will be responsible for performing a broad range of administrative, secretarial, and support services for the both Units as a highly organized, self-motivated, results-oriented individual, you will be accountable to:
- Provide reception for patients/families and staff members.
- Meet and register patients for Endoscopic procedures.
- Manage all incoming and outgoing telephone calls and faxes and operates a multi-line telephone. Triage calls as appropriate to team members in a timely manners
- Register and pre-register all patients in the computer system
- Assemble and prepare patient's charts and ensuring strict confidentiality of patient records.
- Participate in quality improvement projects.
- Submits post case data meeting coding requirements.
- Act as a resource to other team members, providing assistance, orientation and collaboration to minimize/eliminate problems and duplication of tasks.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings, when required.
- Collaborate with centralized departments to obtain patient services e.g. housekeeping, volunteer services, translation services, telecommunications, engineering, etc.
- Responsible for other duties as required.
- Works with and assists all members of the endoscopy team
- Graduate of a recognized Office Administration Program.
- Must have Medical Terminology Certificate or equivalent.
- Minimum of one year clerical experience in the health care setting.
- Demonstrated computer knowledge with proven aptitude in Word, Excel, Access, Groupwise, Hospital Registration System, Clinical Database with a willingness to continually upgrade skills as required.
- Previous experience with procedural booking systems an asset.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written to communicate with patients, families and team members and exercise good judgement in a pleasant, effective, tactful manner.
- Excellent time management and organization skills to work with a high volume of patients and competing priorities.
- Excellent customer service skills with proven success working as part of a team.
- Demonstrated commitment to and understanding of the policies, procedures and mission and values of St. Michael's Hospital.
- Must have an excellent attendance record.