Diagnostic Medical Sonographer - Women's Health Care Centre
Job Title:Diagnostic Medical Sonographer - Women's Health Care Centre
Department:Women's Health Care Centre
Job Category:Health Disciplines
New Work Type:Casual
Salary Range:$35.24 - $41.46 per hour
FTE Assignment (Cas=0.000001):0.000001
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs and assesses ultrasound procedures in obstetrics including U/S for dates, first trimester screening, 18-20 week level 2 anatomical scan, biophysical profile, and Obstetrical ultrasound for pregnant women with diabetes and other Obstetrical risks.
- Provides reassurance and teaching as needed to women undergoing Obstetrical ultrasound.
- Provides optimum patient-centred care and demonstrates a professional manner in the work setting.
- Reports, reviews and records findings of scans to provide accurate patient diagnosis.
- Consults with Obstetrician as needed about ultrasound results.
- Operates and provides continuous maintenance of ultrasound equipment via participation in Quality Control and Quality Assurance tests.
- Participates in teaching and training students, residents, and staff; and communicates with Obstetrical Clinical Coordinator on student progress/problems.
- Actively participates in team building concepts, and development of departmental goals.
- Must be able to work independently and without supervision.
- Registration and good standing with the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers.
- Must be certified in Obstetrics.
- Must have recent experience in Obstetrical ultrasound.
- Demonstrated commitment to patient-centred care and customer service.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (verbal/written), and organization skills.
- Excellent problem recognition and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and accurately, both autonomously and as an effective team member.
- Ability to meet patient and staff needs in an efficient manner.
- Demonstrated ability to handle stress and conflict management in a professional, effective manner.
- Demonstrated commitment to and understanding of the Mission and Values of St. Michael's Hospital.
- Commitment to meet the goals and objectives of the department.
- Must be flexible, punctual and have an excellent attendance record.
Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.