Job Category:Health Disciplines
New Work Type:Part-Time Temporary < 12 Months
Salary Range:$34.39 - $41.07 per hour
Length of Temporary Assignment:4 months
FTE Assignment (Cas=0.000001):0.6
The Chiropodist within the Diabetes Clinics works collaboratively with the endocrinologist and the interdisciplinary team to provide care in an ambulatory setting.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Chiropodist specializes and is responsible for the assessment and treatment of foot disorders including those of a structural or functional origin, congenital or acquired, and those disorders associated with disease, infections or injury.
The chiropodist provides patient care, including but not limited to: nail and callus care, wart treatment, treating acute and chronic wounds, recommending off-loading devices and orthotics and providing education for the care of high risk feet.
Able to work effectively as a member of an interprofessional team, collaborating with other disciplines to provide comprehensive patient care Contributes to the academic mandate of the organization as an educator, resource or support for staff, students and members of the academic and professional community Identifies and addresses educational needs for patients and their families Demonstrates commitment to ongoing professional development in order to continue to provide optimal patient care Is committed to, and participates in, ongoing quality improvement in the organization Provides patient care in accordance with all professional and organizational standards
- Must have graduated from a recognized and accredited Chiropody program (D.Ch or D. Pod. M)
- Must be currently licensed with the College of Chiropodists of Ontario (COCOO) for practice in all applicable clinical areas.
- Current CPR certification
- Excellent communication, critical thinking and interpersonal skills
- Proven flexibility and adaptability in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent time management, organizational and prioritization skills as relates to patient care
- Demonstrated commitment to and involvement with own profession (e.g. membership with professional association, etc.) preferred
- Experience with diabetes and its associated complications an asset
- Experience with wound management an asset