Working Here at St. Michael's Hospital
You are viewing a vacancy at St. Michael’s Hospital, now a member of a new health network along with Providence Healthcare and St. Joseph’s Health Centre. Together, we are committed to a shared purpose of advancing the health of our patients and our urban communities.
Pulmonary Function Technologist
Job Title:Pulmonary Function Technologist
Department:Pulmonary Function Lab
Job Category:Health Disciplines
New Work Type:Full-Time Temporary
Salary Range:$33.48 - $39.98 per hour
Length of Temporary Assignment:12 months
FTE Assignment (Cas=0.000001):1.0
St. Michael’s is a teaching hospital affiliated with the University of Toronto, is recognized for its excellence and leadership in the areas of heart disease, trauma, inner city health, HIV/AIDS, and cystic fibrosis. We are recruiting a highly motivated, temporary full-time Pulmonary Function Technologist.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs routine Pulmonary Function and specialized tests according to Laboratory protocols.
- Conducts Methacholine Challenge tests.
- Conducts Stage 1 Exercise testing.
- Maintains Infection Control program in compliance with CDC guidelines.
- RRCP performs ABG sampling.
- Participates as part of the team ensuring all of the day to day activities of the lab are performed including: equipment maintenance and calibration, policy and procedure review, workload statistics and other duties as required.
- All technologists are responsible for maintaining the quality of the testing performed.
- Must be registered Cardio Pulmonary Technologist in good standing with the Canadian Association of Cardio Pulmonary Technologists (CACPT) or a Registered Respiratory Care Practitioner in good standing with the College of Respiratory Care Practitioners of Ontario (CRTO).
- Working knowledge of Pulmonary Function System including Body Plethysmograph would be an asset.
- Experience with and ability to set up Level 1 and 2 Exercise Program an asset.
- Previous experience with computers.
- Current CPR or BSLC certification required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work in a facilitative manner with others.
- Demonstrated commitment to and understanding of the mission and values of St. Michael's Hospital.
- Must have an excellent attendance record.