Working Here at St. Michael's Hospital
You are viewing a vacancy at St. Michael’s Hospital, now a member of a new health network along with Providence Healthcare and St. Joseph’s Health Centre. Together, we are committed to a shared purpose of advancing the health of our patients and our urban communities.
Operations Leader, Diagnostic Labs Haematology
Job Title:Operations Leader, Diagnostic Labs Haematology
Department:Diagnostic Labs Haematology
Job Category:Health Disciplines
New Work Type:Full-Time Permanent
Salary Range:$40.10 - $47.89 per hour
FTE Assignment (Cas=0.000001):1.0
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Providing day-to-day operational direction and clinical expertise to the laboratory division of Haematology.
- Working collaboratively with medical Heads for efficient day-to-day operations.
- Assisting the Manager in achieving and maintaining a cost efficient laboratory operation.
- Responsible for quality management activities, continuous improvement and indicator development.
- Monitoring supplies and ordering as required.
- Providing technical expertise and knowledge to staff and to internal and external clients.
- Scheduling of staff and related functions such as; ensuring that staffing is maintained at efficient and optimal levels.
- Collecting data, preparing, and submitting statistical reports monitoring outcomes against operational goals.
- Managing operational issues arising and facilitating problem-solving and/or dispute resolution.
- Troubleshooting equipment/procedure problems.
- Performing specialized benchwork when short-staffed or as required.
- Implementing and ensuring compliance with the Ontario Laboratory Accreditation (OLA) standards, proficiency testing, and other accrediting bodies.
- Organizing and facilitating regular staff meetings.
- Supervising and coaching staff and problem-solving issues.
- Qualified as a medical laboratory technologist with current registration with C.M.L.T.O. in the relevant discipline
- A.R.T. certification with C.S.M.L.S. or bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant laboratory experience
- Must have 3 years clinical laboratory supervisory experience
- Must have proven leadership skills
- Proficiency and expertise in the specialty area
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to inspire team work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good time management skills
- Experience with quality management system, teaching and research
- Competent in problem-solving and decision-making
- Ability to prioritize the operation’s workload