Working Here at St. Michael's Hospital
You are viewing a vacancy at St. Michael’s Hospital, now a member of a new health network along with Providence Healthcare and St. Joseph’s Health Centre. Together, we are committed to a shared purpose of advancing the health of our patients and our urban communities.
Technician - Cath Lab
Job Title:Technician - Cath Lab
Department:Cardiac Catheterization Lab
Job Category:Health Disciplines
New Work Type:Full-Time Temporary
Salary Range:$31.25 - $34.72 per hour
Length of Temporary Assignment:6 months
FTE Assignment (Cas=0.000001):1.0
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Observes and reports patient´s cardiac status to physicians and alerts physician and/or nurses to sudden cardiac changes and assists in Cardiac Resuscitation and Defibrillation.
- Records cardiac hemodynamics and electrocardiogram during procedures, reporting results to physicians. Catalogues procedures (patient information, date and description of procedure).
- Responsible for patient preparation including hook up of the ECG machine and ensuring proper positioning of the defibrillator pads.
- Determines patients oxygen consumption, analyses and calculates oxygen saturation of blood samples for determination of cardiac outputs including intra-cardiac shunts.
- Interprets physicians´ case reports, enters information pertaining to patients; cardiac procedures. Prints reports and verifies results with physician.
- Operates programmable stimulator, cardiac electrophysiologic recording system, RF ablation generator, performs intracardiac mapping, interprets intracardiac electrograms, assists in electrophysiology report generation.
- Ensures all electronic equipment is functioning and accurate during cardiac electrophysiology and catheterization procedures. Contacts appropriate service department when equipment malfunctions.
- Successful completion of an Electronic/Medical Technologist program from a recognized institution required.
- Post graduate Diploma in Cardiology would be a asset.
- 3 years experience in a hospital setting as a Cardiology Technician is preferred.
- In depth knowledge of and demonstrated competence with electro cardiology equipment.
- Demonstrated competence with troubleshooting and preventative maintenance required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to function effectively as a member of multi-disciplinary team in a fast- paced environment required.
- Demonstrated organizational skills to manage priorities and balance multiple tasks in a dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated commitment to professional development as a cardiology technician essential.
- Excellent attendance record required.