Working Here at St. Michael's Hospital
You are viewing a vacancy at St. Michael’s Hospital, now a member of a new health network along with Providence Healthcare and St. Joseph’s Health Centre. Together, we are committed to a shared purpose of advancing the health of our patients and our urban communities.
Clinical Assistant - Cardiovascular ICU
Job Title:Clinical Assistant - Cardiovascular ICU
Job Category:Health Disciplines
New Work Type:Casual
Salary Range:$23.85 - $26.50 per hour
FTE Assignment (Cas=0.000001):0.1
As part of a multi-disciplinary team receiving functional supervision from the RN, the clinical assistant will be responsible for contributing to patient care by providing basic patient support and for assisting with indirect care tasks. Duties will include:
- Supporting patients entry, admission, and discharge;
- Completing patients' personal belongings checklists
- Assisting patients with activities of daily living including proper hygiene care;
- Providing one-to-one constant patient care as required
- Providing support to the team in response and restraint to the agitated patient utilizing appropriate techniques
- Assisting patients adapt to the use of various assistive devices;
- Answering call lights and arranging for the proper safekeeping of patients' belongings;
- Demonstrating the ability to show initiative, independence, priority setting and problem solving techniques in a time limited and chaotic environment, while maintaining composure;
- Assisting with in-unit and corporate cardiac arrest response;
- Undertaking preparation of the deceased patient for the morgue;
- Participating, with team members, in the patient care planning process and in the development and implementation of quality-based initiatives
- Successful completion of a Health Care Aide (HCA) or Personal Support Worker (PSW) diploma / certificate from a recognized program approved by the Ontario Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities that is no less than 625 hours in length.
- Must have recent experience as a Clinical Assistant in a hospital setting.
- Must have ICU experience.
- Current CPR or BCLS certificate.
- Excellent communication skills (ability to read, write and speak to be able to complete the duties of this position).
- Excellent team work skills.
- Ability to problem solve
- Excellent attendance record.