Research Technician I MI Research
Job Title:Research Technician I MI Research
New Work Type:Full-Time Temporary
Salary Range:$22.20 - $27.74 per hour
Length of Temporary Assignment:12 Months
FTE Assignment (Cas=0.000001):1.0
St. Michael's Hospital is one of the leading hospitals performing kidney transplants, however many fail within several years of transplantation. We have an active research group dedicated to developing new techniques and tests to help manage patients with kidney transplants and identify those at high risk of needing re-transplantation.
We are currently looking for a Research Technician I. This individual will be responsible for the implementation of novel MRI data processing techniques to extract parameters of that may determine kidney prognosis. Further, the candidate will perform data analysis to support the growing Kidney MRI research program.
You will be responsible for developing an “imaging science and analysis” software pipeline and have the opportunity to work in a clinical environment under the supervision of an MRI physicist and imaging scientist collaborator as well as the Principal Investigators in Radiology and in Nephrology.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leading and executing MRI quantitative data processing and analysis work to support the collaborative Kidney MRI research program, including data analysis of diffusion-weighted imaging, MR elastography, T2* imaging.
- Programming analysis tools in MATLAB.
- Performing statistical calculations on acquired and analyzed MRI data.
- Train and supervise undergraduate and graduate students, ensuring data quality.
- Organization and presentation of data.
- Bachelors Degree in medical biophysics, physics, computer/electrical/biomedical engineering, computer science or imaging science, Masters Degree preferred;
- Minimum of 2 years relevant research experience and strong analytical skills;
- Previous experience in medical imaging data analysis (required), and MRI data analysis (preferred)
- Programming experience (required), in MATLAB (preferred, Python, scripting languages are also beneficial
- Grant and peer-reviewed manuscript writing, and making presentations to scientific audiences is preferred;
- An aptitude for accuracy, detail and problem-solving;
- Experience in data management;
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.