Working Here at St. Michael's Hospital
You are viewing a vacancy at St. Michael’s Hospital, now a member of a new health network along with Providence Healthcare and St. Joseph’s Health Centre. Together, we are committed to a shared purpose of advancing the health of our patients and our urban communities.
Staff Scientist - Hematology / Coagulation
Job Title:Staff Scientist - Hematology / Coagulation
New Work Type:Full-Time Permanent
Salary Range:To be determined
FTE Assignment (Cas=0.000001):1.0
The Keenan Research Centre for Biomedical Science of St. Michael’s Hospital, a fully affiliated hospital with the University of Toronto, is currently seeking a full time Staff Scientist (assistant to full professor level) with an interest in platelet-related research. The candidate will be a member of the established Toronto Platelet Immunobiology Group (TPIG) and will be expected to establish a conceptually innovative, competitive and independently-funded basic research program relevant to platelet biology, thrombosis and hemostasis, immune-mediated thrombocytopenias, and other inherited/acquired platelet disorders.
- Ph.D., M.D. or equivalent in related field.
- Preferred candidates will have a record of research excellence, including successful research funding and prestigious fellowships and publications. Individuals completing post-doctoral training with exceptional track records may also be considered.
- Priority will be given to applicants with unique, leading-edge skills who will establish their own independent research program and enhance the profile of the platelet biology research group.
- Additional valued skills include proficiency in cellular/molecular biology, biochemistry, advanced imaging and/or physiological/pathological studies.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with other basic and/or clinical scientists.
Please submit the following documentation:
- A current curriculum vitae and
- A brief statement (1-2 pages) including both research accomplishments and future plans.
The SMH research enterprise strives to achieve equity and fairness within our community.
About St. Michael’s Hospital
St. Michael’s Hospital is a Catholic teaching and research hospital fully affiliated with the University of Toronto. It is downtown Toronto’s adult trauma centre and one of the province’s major sites of care for critically ill patients. The hospital also supports a variety of sub specialized areas such as minimally invasive surgery, neurosurgery, cystic fibrosis and others.
The University of Toronto and St. Michael's Hospital are strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from visible minority group members, women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, and members of sexual minority groups and others who may contribute to further diversification of ideas. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority.