Working Here at St. Michael's Hospital
You are viewing a vacancy at St. Michael’s Hospital, now a member of a new health network along with Providence Healthcare and St. Joseph’s Health Centre. Together, we are committed to a shared purpose of advancing the health of our patients and our urban communities.
Research Assistant I - C-UHS Survey Research Unit
Job Title:Research Assistant I - C-UHS Survey Research Unit
Department:CRICH Survey Research Unit
New Work Type:Full-Time Temporary
Length of Temporary Assignment:12 months
FTE Assignment (Cas=0.000001):1.0
The Centre for Urban Health Solutions (C-UHS) Survey Research Unit (SRU) at St. Michael’s Hospital is currently seeking a highly motivated individual for the position of Research Assistant I. The Research Assistant will be part of a dynamic Unit that oversees a variety of research and evaluation projects related to health equity and social determinants of health. The Research Assistant’s primary responsibilities will be assisting with research related administrative tasks. This is a 12 month full time position is based in Toronto with a possibility of extension. Anticipated start date: Immediately.
To better represent the populations from the projects we engage in, applications from Indigenous people, members of racial or cultural minority groups, people with disabilities and LGBTQ2S are encouraged to apply.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparation of interview and other field work materials
- Organizing paper surveys
- Book flights and other travel plans for field data collection
- Schedule meetings, book rooms, prepare agenda and minutes
- Survey data entry
- Adhere to project protocols, including ethics, security, data transfer/storage and quality control.
- Potentially assist with:
- Participant tracking
- Quality control
- Graduate of a community college or relevant experience.
- Excellent attention to detail and a high level of organization is essential to this position.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient computer skills with Microsoft Office.
- Proven ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast paced work environment.
- Administrative work experience would be considered an asset.
- Data entry and data collection experience would be considered an asset.