Working Here at St. Michael's Hospital
You are viewing a vacancy at St. Michael’s Hospital, now a member of a new health network along with Providence Healthcare and St. Joseph’s Health Centre. Together, we are committed to a shared purpose of advancing the health of our patients and our urban communities.
Junior Data Scientist Cntr for Hlthcare Analytcs
Job Title:Junior Data Scientist Cntr for Hlthcare Analytcs
New Work Type:Full-Time Permanent
Salary Range:$34.60 - $43.25 per hour
FTE Assignment (Cas=0.000001):1.0
The Li Ka Shing Centre for Healthcare Analytics Research and Training (LKS-CHART) is an exciting new organization devoted to applying data science to the healthcare field. The LKS-CHART is a service-based unit embedded within St. Michael’s Hospital, which applies techniques such as machine learning, simulation modeling and biostatistics to hospital data to support quality patient care and improved operational efficiency.
The successful applicant’s primary responsibility will be to import, manipulate and clean raw data, explore and create data summaries including data visualization and tabular reports, and to aid with building and validating predictive models. Additional responsibilities will include ad hoc report generation, and support of data management activities, which may involve database validation, data review, and quality control.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- R Programming skills, including:
- Importing and exporting raw data files
- The ability to manipulate, transform, and combine data from multiple data sources
- Data cleaning and validation to ensure data is complete, accurate and of high quality
- Preparation and validation of datasets for statistical analysis
- Develop efficient programs, algorithms, or systems to reduce programming time of standardized data analyses and reports.
- Data Validation and Quality Control:
- Validate any output tables, listings or figures generated
- Conduct database logical checks to ensure the accuracy and completeness of data
- Maintain high quality coding practices and documentation of coding
- Efficiently identify and correct syntax and programming logic errors
- Reports and Outputs:
- Prepare files (xpt, define, xml, etc.) for end users
- Produce high quality ad hoc and standard reports customized per study, using R markdown
- Other Skills:
- Ensure conduct of research is carried out in accordance with ICH/GCP guidelines and applicable regulations such as PHIPA, as well as SOPs
- Ability to understand and interpret complex study analysis plans
- Work collaboratively with internal team members, external stakeholders, and consultants.
- Strong analytical skills, technical acumen and demonstrated experience in data gathering, data analysis, conceptual and logical models and physical data design are required.
- Ability to multi-task, work accurately and effectively under pressure, meet deadlines, and remain composed in high-pressure situations.
- Excellent decision making and problem solving skills.
- Superior organizational and time management skills to manage and prioritize workload.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- A Master's degree in Clinical Epidemiology, Biostatics, Computer Science and/or related discipline.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience
- Experience with neural networks and or NLP through the Tensorflow API would be an asset
- Demonstrated ability to manage statistical programming activities
- Fully proficient in the use of R (preferably experience using the tidyverse)
- Proficient with MS Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Experience using key BI software such as Tableau is an asset
- Expertise using key databases such as: SQL, Oracle, etc.
- Experience in healthcare an asset
- Data management experience an asset