Working Here at St. Michael's Hospital
You are viewing a vacancy at St. Michael’s Hospital, now a member of a new health network along with Providence Healthcare and St. Joseph’s Health Centre. Together, we are committed to a shared purpose of advancing the health of our patients and our urban communities.
Research Coordinator I - Cardiology Research
Job Title:Research Coordinator I - Cardiology Research
New Work Type:Full-Time Permanent
Salary Range:$26.60 - $33.24 per hour
FTE Assignment (Cas=0.000001):1.0
The Cardiology Research Program is currently looking for a Research Coordinator I. This position performs research activities involving project design, collecting, summarizing or analyzing data. Tasks may include assisting in study administration, adhering to research protocol and working with the study coordinator to carry out various aspects of conducting a clinical trial.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assisting in setting project goals
- General office duties e.g. filing, faxing, mailings, courier services, photocopying, etc.
- Ordering supplies and maintaining inventory
- Collection, transcription and entry of study related data
- Limited processing of data
- Conducting literature searches
- Interacting with various departments such as pharmacy, laboratories, medical records, etc.
- Present research related information, including written study reports when necessary
- Represent St. Michael’s Hospital at protocol development and study initiation meetings
- Design of all source documents, patient education materials, etc.
- Coordinating ongoing laboratory, pharmacy, etc. activities pertaining to study
- Assisting Investigators in the interpretation and implementation of study protocols
- Assisting Investigators in the initiation of new research
- Interacting with sponsoring agencies regarding requests for clarifications of data and/or assisting monitors during site visits
- Collecting data via phone calls, interviews
- Screening data for study inclusion according to protocol
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in health science field, however Master preferred
- Excellent attention to detail and proven ability to learn new skills.
- Superior organizational skills to manage multiple projects in a timely manner and flexibility to adapt to changing workload.
- Professionalism and self-motivation
- Good personal and program time/detail management skills
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- As applicable, knowledge of anatomy, physiology, pharmacology, GCP (HPB, FDA) regulation and guidelines, laboratory and diagnostic testing, health record analysis,
- Excellent computer skills including Word Perfect, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Internet, database and statistical software