Working Here at St. Michael's Hospital
You are viewing a vacancy at St. Michael’s Hospital, now a member of a new health network along with Providence Healthcare and St. Joseph’s Health Centre. Together, we are committed to a shared purpose of advancing the health of our patients and our urban communities.
Research Assistant I LKSKI
Job Title:Research Assistant I LKSKI
New Work Type:Part-Time Temporary
Salary Range:$21.33 - $26.66 per hour
Length of Temporary Assignment:12 Months
FTE Assignment (Cas=0.000001):0.6
Dr. Samir Gupta, Associate Scientist at the Li Ka Shing Knowledge Institute of St. Michael’s Hospital is currently looking for a Research Assistant I. This position will primarily support a multi-centre randomized controlled control trial to determine the prevalence and burden of undiagnosed asthma/COPD in at-risk Canadians. Tasks will include telephone screening of potential participants and collecting, recording and entering data. The RA will also arrange study visits, arrange logistics surrounding study tests, and collect and document study data.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performing general office duties e.g. filing, faxing, mailings, courier services, photocopying, etc.
- Performing telephone screening according to study protocols
- Interacting with hospital departments such as pulmonary function lab, Respirology clinic, etc. to book tests and appointments
- Collecting data during study visits with participants
- Transcription and entry of study related data
- Basic computer skills, particularly database, spreadsheet and word processing
- Excellent communication (verbal/written) and interpersonal skills are necessary
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent attention to detail and proven ability to learn new skills
- Excellent organizational skills to manage multiple tasks in a timely manner and flexibility to adapt to changing workload
- Able to keep written records
- Able to understand written and verbal directions