Working Here at St. Michael's Hospital
You are viewing a vacancy at St. Michael’s Hospital, now a member of a new health network along with Providence Healthcare and St. Joseph’s Health Centre. Together, we are committed to a shared purpose of advancing the health of our patients and our urban communities.
Research Coordinator II - Centre for Urban Health Solutions
Job Title:Research Coordinator II - Centre for Urban Health Solutions
Department:Center for Research on ICH
New Work Type:Part-Time Temporary
Salary Range:$29.69 - $37.11 per hour
Length of Temporary Assignment:12 months
FTE Assignment (Cas=0.000001):0.6
The Centre for Urban Health Solutions is currently looking for a Research Coordinator II. This position will support an intervention in the St. Michael’s Hospital Academic Family Health Team to treat patients who have known Hepatitis C. The individual will coordinate and perform research activities involving project design, and collecting, summarizing or analyzing data. Other tasks could include assisting with study administration, adhering to research protocol and working with the project team to carry out various aspects of conducting and evaluating the intervention.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manual chart audit and related data analysis
- Administration of the Letter of Information and Consent Form to study participants
- Conduct semi-structured interviews with patients and staff
- Qualitative coding analysis of interview transcripts Maintaining recruitment and data registry
- Coordinating educational activities for primary care team
- Preparing REB submissions relative to the initiation and conduct of individual studies
- Designing consent forms and revisionsOverseeing the ongoing collection, tabulation and analysis of study related data and ongoing review and development of study databases
- Ensuring appropriate regulations are adhered to in the conduct of research
- Calculating project outcomes
- Preparing project reports
- Assisting with physician and patient engagement
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Health Science field (preferably with 5 years related research experience preferably Master’s Degree (with 3 years related research experience.
- Experience with qualitative research, including interviewing and coding analysis.
- Experience conducing manual chart audits.
- Experience organizing quantitative data in Excel and other applications.
- Experience working with clinicians and patients in a health care setting
- Proficiency with MS Excel, statistical software (preferably R), and N. Vivo
- Excellent attention to detail and proven ability to learn new skills.
- Superior organizational skills and flexibility to adapt to changing workload.
- Professionalism and self-motivation
- Good personal and program time/detail management skills
- Able to work independently and as part of a team