Working Here at St. Michael's Hospital
You are viewing a vacancy at St. Michael’s Hospital, now a member of a new health network along with Providence Healthcare and St. Joseph’s Health Centre. Together, we are committed to a shared purpose of advancing the health of our patients and our urban communities.
Research Coordinator III - Centre for Urban Health Solutions
Job Title:Research Coordinator III - Centre for Urban Health Solutions
Department:Center for Research on ICH
New Work Type:Full-Time Temporary
Salary Range:$35.08 - $43.86 per hour
FTE Assignment (Cas=0.000001):1.0
Well Living House is an action research centre that’s focused on Indigenous infant, child and family health and well-being. At its heart is an aspiration to be a place where Indigenous people can come together to gather, understand, link and share best knowledge about happy and healthy child, family and community living.
Individuals that are looking for career development opportunities within First Nations/Inuit/Metis health data are encouraged to apply. Well Living House at St. Michael's Hospital aims to attract, recruit, and retain high-quality staff in both academic and support roles.
The centre is built from a foundation of almost two decades of collaborative work between Indigenous health researchers, front line health practitioners and Indigenous community grandparents. In all that we do, the Well Living House is committed to using and protecting our Indigenous knowledge, languages and ways of working.
This exciting opportunity of Research Coordinator III will immerse the successful candidate in a unique and highly productive applied Indigenous health equity research environment. The Research Coordinator will be responsible for providing assistance in the oversight and coordination of research and evaluation activities and outputs related to the Kind Faces, Sharing Places (Baby Bundles) project. The research coordinator should have advanced skills in Indigenous mixed methods health research design, methods and analysis, as well as excellent oral and written communication skills and project management experience.
The Research Coordinator will report to the Baby Bundles New Investigator Dr. Michelle Firestone and Principal Investigators Dr. Janet Smylie and Dr. Patricia O’Campo.
- Assist investigator in the interpretation and implementation of study protocols
- Oversee the ongoing collection, quality and analysis of study related data and ongoing review of study databases
- Synthesize, interpret and present research related information including written reports and manuscripts
- Adapt research findings to the development of new research studies
- Train and co-supervise Research Assistants and students
- Develop and/or authorize research study budgets and payment schedules
- Coordination of research grant process
- Liaise with numerous units and project stakeholders such as those within St. Michael’s Hospital, universities, research partners, and community partners
- Participate in ongoing Well Living House activities such as staff meetings and retreats
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills:
- Minimum Master’s degree in science or Public Health/related field
- Minimum 5 years research or research coordinator background experience
- Previous experience in Indigenous community-based research; mixed methods research design, methods and analysis
- Experience engaging in Indigenous community
- Proficient computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, SKYPE, E-calendars)
- Ability to contribute to a culturally secure Indigenous health research environment
- Experience working within a work plan based environment
- Experience working independently and as a part of team
- Experience in financial tracking and monitoring
- Proficient in file management and archiving
- Excellent communication (verbal/written) and team oriented interpersonal skills
- Excellent attention to detail and proven ability to learn new skills
- Excellent organizational skills to manage multiple tasks in a timely manner and flexibility to adapt to a changing workload
- Candidate must be flexible and work beyond the job description at times as work demands.
Please submit your cover letter and resume.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.