Working Here at St. Michael's Hospital
You are viewing a vacancy at St. Michael’s Hospital, now a member of a new health network along with Providence Healthcare and St. Joseph’s Health Centre. Together, we are committed to a shared purpose of advancing the health of our patients and our urban communities.
Research Coordinator II Multiple Sclerosis Research
Job Title:Research Coordinator II Multiple Sclerosis Research
New Work Type:Full-Time Temporary
Salary Range:$29.69 - $37.11 per hour
Length of Temporary Assignment:12 months
FTE Assignment (Cas=0.000001):1.0
The MS Centre @ St. Michael’s Hospital has a strong legacy in MS care. It is the largest multiple sclerosis centre in Canada, with about 7,000 patients, and is home to internationally renowned MS clinicians and researchers.
The Hospital is in the midst of transforming the existing MS Centre into the world’s leading treatment and research centre for multiple sclerosis. The new BARLO MS Centre will occupy the entire top two floors—about 25,000 square feet—of the hospital’s new 17-story Peter Gilgan Patient Care Tower under construction in the heart of downtown Toronto.
The MS Clinic is looking for an energetic and experienced applicant for the full-time position of Research Coordinator II to join our Clinical Trials team. The ideal candidate will be passionate about participating in innovative MS therapies for patients. In this role the individual will perform both research and research-related patient care activities:
Duties & Responsibilities:
Research activities may include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting investigators in the initiation of new research, and interpretation and implementation of study protocols
- Preparing REB submissions relative to the initiation and conduct of individual studies
- Designing consent forms and revisions, and obtaining consent
- Conducting in-person and phone call interviews with research participants using standardized questionnaires to collect data
- Working with the Principle Investigator(s) to carry out various aspects of research studies
- Ensuring appropriate regulations are adhered to in the conduct of research
- Representing St. Michael’s Hospital at protocol development and study initiation meetings
- Presenting research related information including written study reports where necessary
Research-related patient care acitivites may include, but are not limited to:
- Obtaining patient consent
- Educating and assisting patients in completing patient reported outcomes using data collection devices
- Educating participants as required regarding treatment schedules
- Collecting serum samples from patients
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Health Science field (preferably with 5 years related research experience) preferably Master’s Degree (with 3 years related research experience)
- Outstanding patient interaction skills
- Excellent attention to detail and proven ability to learn new skills.
- Superior organizational skills to manage multiple projects in a timely manner and flexibility to adapt to changing workload.
- Professionalism and self-motivation
- Excellent personal and program time/detail management skills
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience giving infusions is an asset, but not required