Working Here at St. Michael's Hospital
You are viewing a vacancy at St. Michael’s Hospital, now a member of a new health network along with Providence Healthcare and St. Joseph’s Health Centre. Together, we are committed to a shared purpose of advancing the health of our patients and our urban communities.
Senior Financial Analyst
Job Title:Senior Financial Analyst
New Work Type:Full-Time Permanent
Salary Range:$37.30 - $44.56 per hour
FTE Assignment (Cas=0.000001):1.0
The Senior Financial Analyst position requires a self-motivated individual with exceptional analytical skills. The position is responsible to reconcile various accounts, prepare month-end journal entries, liaise with internal providers/departments and assist the Manager, Financial Reporting with preparing internal and external reporting, ensuring compliance with Canadian Public Sector Accounting Standards (PSAS), Statutory Accounting Requirements, and MIS reporting. Additionally, this role includes the preparation of cash flow analysis and forecasting on an ongoing basis. The incumbent may also be assigned process improvement projects or internal control functions. The Senior Financial Analyst also provides accounting support for the SMH Pension Plan.
- Preparation of monthly journal entries and account reconciliations, including accruals and ensure uploads from various departments are posted and are accurate
- Prepare financial monthly corporate narrative package, analyzing results and explaining material variances to management
- Preparation of charity return
- Preparation of cash flow analysis and forecasting on an ongoing basis
- Prepare monthly and year-end board meeting reports, including Resource Committee meeting package
- Involvement in the corporate financial budget preparation
- Involvement in the annual year-end Hospital audit, including preparation and compilation of audit leadsheets, draft financial statements and responding to audit queries
- Assist with process improvement initiatives and identify and communicate process and/or control weaknesses to the Manager, Financial Reporting.
- Research and provide recommendations to the Manager, Finance on various accounting and tax related matters
- Investment fund tracking and reconciliation
- Provide support and guidance to other staff when requested
- Ad hoc duties and projects
- Preparation of annual audited financial statements, inclusive of all working papers required
- Preparation of monthly pension plan payments
- Undergraduate degree in accounting, professional designation in good standing (CA, CMA or CGA)
- 3 years of working experience in accounting/finance at a senior level
- Experience in a hospital setting with Infor software an asset
- Demonstrated effective oral and written communication skills with all levels of staff and external parties.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office required.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
- A working knowledge of MOHLTC/LHIN reporting, MIS Guidelines, GAAP (specifically not-for-profit accounting and PSAS), CRA regulations and guidelines
- Computer proficiency in Excel, Access, Tableau and has an aptitude for learning new computer applications
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, with attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact with all levels within the Hospital, including external contacts
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, manage own time, prioritize and manage competing priorities
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Resourceful and willing to take initiative.
- Excellent communication skills (written, presentation and oral)
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and adaptable to a changing work environment
- Demonstrates commitment to maintaining confidentiality