Working Here at St. Michael's Hospital
You are viewing a vacancy at St. Michael’s Hospital, now a member of a new health network along with Providence Healthcare and St. Joseph’s Health Centre. Together, we are committed to a shared purpose of advancing the health of our patients and our urban communities.
Uninsured Billing and Collections Spec A/R & Colle
Job Title:Uninsured Billing and Collections Spec A/R & Colle
New Work Type:Full-Time Permanent
Salary Range:$24.29 - $29.01 per hour
FTE Assignment (Cas=0.000001):1.0
The Finance Department is looking for a highly-organized, detail oriented Billings Specialist. Reporting to the Manager, Accounts Receivable and Collections in the Finance Department, the position is responsible for all the billing and collection for Uninsured Patients To carry out this role, the Billings Specialist works closely with various departments in the Hospital, the Ministry of Health, other organizations including Community Health Centres.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Complete all billings for all UNINSURED outpatient and inpatient visits
- Extensive collection efforts directed to patients and guarantors including private insurance, law firms and other non-profit organizations involved in funding self pay patients
- Follow up phone calls, sending collection letters and statements on all unpaid uninsured bills including accounts endorsed to collection agency..
- Obtains financial information from patients such as income tax returns, utility bills and other back up documents for patients applying for financial credit or installment related transactions
- Responsible in printing, sorting and mailing patient's statements / invoices in a timely manner
- Identify claims for adjustment , reversals and bad debt write offs
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 3 years current hospital billing/collection experience required.
- Uninsured Billing/ Collection specialist preferred.
- Computer knowledge of Excel, Word, ADT, RCM system and Clinical Support Systems.
- Excellent, fast and accurate data entry skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must understand and be committed to St. Michael's Hospital mission and values.
- Must be punctual and have an excellent attendance record.