Working Here at St. Michael's Hospital
You are viewing a vacancy at St. Michael’s Hospital, now a member of a new health network along with Providence Healthcare and St. Joseph’s Health Centre. Together, we are committed to a shared purpose of advancing the health of our patients and our urban communities.
Accounts Payable Clerk
Job Title:Accounts Payable Clerk
New Work Type:Full-Time Temporary
Salary Range:$23.00 - $27.46 per hour
Length of Temporary Assignment:1 year
FTE Assignment (Cas=0.000001):1.0
Unity Health Toronto (St. Michaels Hospital site) Finance Department is currently seeking a highly organized individual to provide excellent accounts payable support to internal departments and external vendors.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Processing of invoices according to standard operating procedures, ensuring payments are supported according to established payment policies. Processing includes payment validation, invoice data entry, and accuracy audit.
- Identify and code payments in accordance with Canada Revenue Agency requirements for HST, taxable services, taxable benefits, etc.
- Investigate and resolve any discrepancies between invoice and purchase order with Vendor Administration, Receiving or User departments authorizing payments.
- Ensure all invoices are processed within standard turnaround times (e.g. 3 days).
- Process payment discounts where available.
- Follow up and resolve outstanding invoices, credit notes and any items over 30 days old with Procurement Services, Logistics, end users and vendors.
- Record follow up and resolution on outstanding invoices on payment system and status on Outstanding Invoice Report.
- Reconcile vendor statements.
- Follow-up on queries from hospital staff, physicians, suppliers, and auditors pertaining to payments.
- Retrieve invoices as required.
- Maintain accounts payable files in accordance with department standards.
- Provide backup for other Accounts Payable Clerks and recurring payments.
- College diploma or university degree preferably in business or accounting.
- Ability to operate state-of-the-art computer technology and an ability to adapt to new systems and procedures.
- Microsoft Excel (intermediate), MS-Word, Email
- Well developed organizational skills with the ability to work in a fast- paced, high volume environment.
- Ability prioritize tasks appropriately.
- Attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy, under tight processing deadlines.
- Experience in Lawson (Infor) or other major ERP financial systems would be an asset.
- Excellent customer service record with proven success working as a part of a team.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Experienced in communicating with all levels of management.