Director, Annual & Mid-Level Giving
Job Title:Director, Annual & Mid-Level Giving
New Work Type:Full-Time Permanent
Salary Range:Under Review
FTE Assignment (Cas=0.000001):1.0
St. Michael's Hospital Foundation, through its philanthropic activities, assists St. Michael's Hospital in attracting the resources required to fulfill and enhance its mission.
The fundraising staff drive fundraising activities and donor relations. This involves major gifts, gift planning, donor relations, stewardship, special events, annual giving and direct mail.
The Director, Philanthropy – Annual Giving is responsible for establishing and sustaining a comprehensive annual giving program focused on acquiring, renewing and expanding donor involvement to major and planned giving. The position leads the department in identifying prospective and active donors who can be moved from the annual program through the donor pipeline.
The Director is accountable for an annual fundraising goal of over $3 million, and will be expected to recommend and execute strategies that reflect and lead best practices in the industry. S/he serves as an expert in tracking, analysis and presentation of results, well versed in donor acquisition strategies, evaluation and tactics and in-depth knowledge of mid-level pipeline development, reporting and evaluating the progress of the Foundation’s annual giving program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, execute, monitor and evaluate the strategic annual fund integrated with major gifts, planned giving, campaign and events. Portfolio also includes tribute, monthly giving, mid-level and pipeline growth management
- Develop, communicate and execute an integrated strategic plan and budgets for the annual giving, tribute, monthly giving, e-philanthropy.
- Ensure work plans support strategic vision of the Hospital and Foundation while maintaining/improving desired cost per dollar.
- Create an Annual Fund operating plan that develops industry leading strategies and initiatives to increase unrestricted dollars, expands donor base and maximizes donor retention and growth.
- Manage the day to day implementation of individual giving programs (mail, telemarketing, door-to-door, e-philanthropy, mid-level, acknowledgement, and stewardship) from creation to deployment with a goal of increasing donor base, unrestricted revenue, improving donor retention, and upgrading donors into and beyond mid-level program.
- Work with Marketing and Communication to ensure marketing products utilized throughout the Annual Giving Programs provide the best value to reach the audiences
- Create donor predictive models to identify top prospects from the annual program to be moved through the donor pipeline.
- Analyze campaigns, giving trends, and results to inform future segmentations and efforts and distribute monthly updates to internal teams.
- Provide database training, research, mining, analysis and extraction to support Annual & Mid-Level Programs.
- Drive innovation and create a ‘competitive advantage’ by creating and delivering an effective donor acquisition strategies including, digital for the fundraising team that maximizes revenue potential for the organization and builds a community of engaged donors.
- Prioritize acquisition opportunities that support the organization’s strategic growth plan and revenue objectives.
- Make strategic recommendations based on insights derived from program results and from the analyses of donor database activity.
- Work with various vendors in the procurement of products or services as they relate to annual giving programs.
- Develops and operationalize an annual integrated collaborative Employee Giving campaign
- Developing effective marketing strategies and programs (direct mail, telemarketing, internet solicitations, promotions, and onsite sales)
- Research which new donor segments should be cultivated by direct mail, or other solicitation methods via digital
- Manage external agencies in the delivery of direct marketing programs by developing communication and revenue objectives, providing strategic direction, approving copy and creative, and facilitating required donor data.
- A university degree or a combination of comparable skills and experience, CFRE designation preferred.
- 7 to 10 years progressive experience with direct marketing/annual/mid-level programs.
- Demonstrated track record in building and managing a successful annual giving program including budgeting.
- Proven track record of achieving fundraising goals and initiatives.
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to analyze trends from quantitative and qualitative data.
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills; ability to work towards goals within deadlines.
- Experience in management of development officers, vendors, donors and volunteers.
- Strategic thinker and creative problem solver.
- Enjoy working in a fast paced, dynamic organization with the ability to relate to a variety of personality and communication styles.
- Formal training in marketing/direct mail marketing is considered an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities and be self-motivated in a high pressure and demanding work environment.
- Highly collaborative – enjoys helping team members succeed; a great listener; someone who can manage his/her own stress and is a positive contributor.
- A motivated, results oriented self-starter who is able to work autonomously.
- Demonstrated proficiency in strategic planning.
- Demonstrated commitment to and understanding of the mission and values of St. Michael’s Foundation.
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekend
This position will remain open until filled and candidates will be interviewed as expressions of interest are made.