Manager, Marketing & Communications
Job Title:Manager, Marketing & Communications
New Work Type:Full-Time Permanent
FTE Assignment (Cas=0.000001):1.0
St. Michael's Hospital Foundation, through its philanthropic activities, assists St. Michael's Hospital in attracting the resources required to fulfill and enhance its mission. Funds are used to support priority areas as defined by the hospital including the purchasing of equipment, renovations, new facilities, research and educational priorities.
The Marketing and Communications department of the Foundation is responsible for all of the Foundation internal and external communications and all key documents pertaining to donors, potential donors and staff. The department works with not only all of the Foundation staff but also across a myriad of departments within the Hospital. The team also works closely with board member and key volunteers supporting their efforts and ensuring consistency of messaging across all documents.
The Manager, Marketing & Communications is responsible for developing and executing the tactical and targeted strategic marketing and communications plans designed to promote St. Michael’s Hospital Foundation and further its development goals (raising revenue). The Manager oversees the production of the all Foundation’s marketing and communications materials, fundraising proposals, stewardship reports, speaking notes and information on the Foundation’s website, ensuring consistent, error-free presentation of the vision and brand of the Hospital and Foundation
Duties and Responsibilities:
- In conjunction with the VP of M&C, design and implement effective strategies to maximize revenue through all communications vehicles.
- Gather compelling stories of patient experiences, dramatizing the excellence and innovation of the hospital’s physicians and staff, in order to create revenue-generating proposals, stewardship reports and marketing materials.
- A university education or a combination of education and experience that is deemed equivalent.
- More than seven years marketing and/or communications experience required.
- Previous experience working in a fundraising environment desirable.
- Experience working in health-care communications an asset.
- Previous experience working or volunteering for a not-for-profit organization preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency in communications and marketing.
- Demonstrated leadership, reliability and flexibility.
- Demonstrated proficiency working with standard office software in a Windows environment (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, electronic mail/scheduling, internet).
- Ideally has InDesign experience as well as Apple applications (i.e. Keynote).
- Excellent organizational, communications (verbal/written), interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a high pressure, deadline driven environment where juggling multiple projects, deadlines, and last minute changes are commonplace.
- Exceptionally high level of good judgement and skill are required for providing strategic guidance and ensuring items are error-free.
- Ability to interview physicians, researchers, stakeholders, donors, etc. and translate exceptionally technical language into compelling plain-language prose and presentations.
- Creative problem-solving expected.