Working Here at St. Michael's Hospital
You are viewing a vacancy at St. Michael’s Hospital, now a member of a new health network along with Providence Healthcare and St. Joseph’s Health Centre. Together, we are committed to a shared purpose of advancing the health of our patients and our urban communities.
Senior Philanthropy Assistant - Major Gifts & Gift Planning
Job Title:Senior Philanthropy Assistant - Major Gifts & Gift Planning
New Work Type:Full-Time Temporary
Length of Temporary Assignment:13 months
FTE Assignment (Cas=0.000001):1.0
St. Michael’s Foundation, through its philanthropic activities, assists St. Michael’s Hospital in attracting the resources required to fulfill and enhance its mission of caring, research and education.
The Foundation is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors, which includes members of the business and professional community. The Foundation raises funds from a variety of initiatives: annual & mid-level giving; special events; major and planned gifts.
The Senior Philanthropy Assistant provides executive assistance and administrative support to the Vice-President, Philanthropy and the Senior Director, Philanthropy and provides administrative, business and event support services for the Major Gifts and Gift Planning department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage Vice-President and Senior Director’s calendars by organizing and scheduling appointments and meetings with prospects, donors, volunteers, Foundation and Hospital staff and ensure they are fully briefed on agenda items and have received all required materials for regular meetings, appointments and conferences in a timely manner.
- Ensure the Vice-President and Senior Director are fully briefed on agenda items and have received all required materials for regular meetings, appointments and conferences with due notice.
- Provide administrative/clerical support for the Major Gifts and Gift Planning team including coordination, preparation and distribution of meeting materials for various committees, communication with volunteer groups, committee members and major donors as required.
- Ensure the Vice-President and Senior Director’s activity as it relates to prospects, donors and volunteers is maintained and data entered in the Raiser’s Edge database.
- Actively participate in the department meetings providing up to date information on the Campaign and other relevant material to the group (i.e. pledge forms, gift agreements and thank you letter tracking, mail lists, etc.).
- Responsible for receiving and reviewing the monthly and annual reconciliation of departmental revenue and expense budgets on behalf of Director of Philanthropy, Major Gifts and Stewardship.
- Draft, proof and prepare correspondence, proposals, presentations and requests for information that often contains sensitive financial information
- Create graphs and statistical analysis to support presentations, reports and proposals for internal audiences as well as key volunteers and major individual and corporate donors.
- Coordinate and make arrangements for all committee meetings including room bookings, catering and AV requirements.
- Assist in the organizing of Cultivation Events. Follow up with attendees, greet guests and organize Hospital tours as required.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated proficiency working with computer applications on a Windows platform (Word, Excel, Power Point, electronic mail/scheduling, internet)
- Previous experience working with databases (particularly Raiser’s Edge) and desktop publishing is an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and very strong person to person relationship-building skills.
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills and demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple and changing demands.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities and be self-motivated in a high pressure and demanding work environment.
- Proven ability to exercise diplomacy and good judgment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrated commitment to and understanding of the mission and values of St. Michael’s Hospital.
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekend
- A post-secondary degree in a related field or a combination of comparable skills and experience