Working Here at St. Michael's Hospital
You are viewing a vacancy at St. Michael’s Hospital, now a member of a new health network along with Providence Healthcare and St. Joseph’s Health Centre. Together, we are committed to a shared purpose of advancing the health of our patients and our urban communities.
Manager, Quality and Patient Safety
Job Title:Manager, Quality and Patient Safety
New Work Type:Full-Time Permanent
Salary Range:Salary under review
FTE Assignment (Cas=0.000001):1.0
Reporting to the Senior Director, Quality, Patient Safety and Innovation, the Manager, Quality and Patient Safety works collaboratively with leadership, staff, learners and physicians to provide expertise in quality and patient safety across Unity Health Toronto. (Providence Healthcare, St. Joseph’s Health Centre and St. Michael’s Hospital).
The primary function of the Manager is to lead an innovative team that enables the organization to measurably improve quality and the prevention of harm. This requires the implementation of reliable systems, infrastructure and practices while motivating a culture of improvement across the organization. The Manager will provide day to day operational management of the quality and safety team, be an expert resource in quality and safety and lead corporate wide initiatives in support of the patient safety strategy and corporate quality improvement plan.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years clinical professional background required.
- Current registration with a health professional regulatory body and be a member in good standing with a professional association.
- Minimum of five (5) years of progressive hospital-based leadership experience.
- Previous experience in a Quality and/or Patient Safety related role in a healthcare setting.
- Expert in quality improvement tools and methodologies.
- Expert knowledge of Patient Safety with the ability to introduce innovative approaches to change.
- Ability to use data for improvement is critical.
- Experience in engaging patients and families in quality improvement and patient safety initiatives.
- Experience managing a team an asset. This position will lead a team across Unity Health Toronto’s three hospital sites.
- Superior stakeholder engagement skills.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION: Applications for this position will be managed at the St. Joseph’s Health Centre site. In order to be considered for this position, applications must be submitted online. For internal applicants, please apply via the Intranet. For external applicants, please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.