Working Here at St. Michael's Hospital
You are viewing a vacancy at St. Michael’s Hospital, now a member of a new health network along with Providence Healthcare and St. Joseph’s Health Centre. Together, we are committed to a shared purpose of advancing the health of our patients and our urban communities.
Manager, Department of Laboratory Medicine
Job Title:Manager, Department of Laboratory Medicine
New Work Type:Full-Time Permanent
Salary Range:$51.32 - $61.27 per hour
FTE Assignment (Cas=0.000001):1.0
Unity Health Toronto (Providence Healthcare, St. Joseph’s Health Centre, St. Michael’s Hospital) is dedicated to the recruitment and selection of qualified individuals who demonstrate an understanding and commitment to the unique mission and values of the Organization.
The Manager position reports to the Director, Laboratory Medicine and Medical Imaging. The individual is accountable for system quality, planning, innovation, human resources and measuring and reporting performance and financial indicators at the St. Joseph’s Health Centre and St. Michael’s Hospital sites. The manager will focus and apply managerial and laboratory knowledge and expertise across diverse operating divisions to achieve quality patient care and service transformation. As a visionary leader, this person is result-oriented and will be responsible for quality management, process improvement, and empowering and developing staff. The manager will work closely with the Medical Heads to enhance service quality, to establish good laboratory practices, and to liaise with colleagues internal and external to the organization.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Proven management skills including financial, human resources and labour relations, quality improvement, change management, evaluation, planning, capital procurement and resource utilization.
- Proven ability to critically analyze issues, conceptualize and implement solutions.
- Proven track record of achieving results that improve processes/services and inspire confidence and commitment.
- Proven track record to engage and empower others to work towards a common goal.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Well developed negotiation and conflict management/resolution skills.
- Self-directed, highly motivated and capable of handling multiple priorities and demanding timelines.
- Demonstrated skills in strategic/operational planning and collaborating with internal partners to drive change and promote a learning environment.
- Proven mentoring and coaching skills.
- Baccalaureate Degree in clinical/administrative field required.
- Master's degree (MBA, MHA) preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in progressively responsible leadership and management roles in Laboratory Services (Hospital/Private Laboratory Healthcare Settings).
- Registration with the College of Medical Laboratory Technologists of Ontario (CMLTO) required.
- Project Management experience preferred.
- Proven ability to facilitate and implement process improvement.
- Demonstrated commitment to the Mission and Values of St. Michael's Hospital.
- Demonstrated excellent attendance.
- Must be willing and able to work at both the St. Joseph’s Health Centre and St. Michael’s Hospital sites