Working Here at St. Michael's Hospital
You are viewing a vacancy at St. Michael’s Hospital, now a member of a new health network along with Providence Healthcare and St. Joseph’s Health Centre. Together, we are committed to a shared purpose of advancing the health of our patients and our urban communities.
Mechanic - Maintenance Shift (Building Operator)
Job Title:Mechanic - Maintenance Shift (Building Operator)
Department:Engineering & Plant Services
New Work Type:Full-Time Permanent
Salary Range:$25.65 - $30.20 per hour
FTE Assignment (Cas=0.000001):1.0
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operates the Hospital's systems to specified parameters for safety, comfort and client requirements.
- Monitors equipment operating parameters to ensure safety and efficiency levels.
- Monitors and adjusts chemical treatment systems.
- Troubleshoots and repairs all equipment.
- Performs routine preventative maintenance and inspection of all mechanical equipment, including air handling units, pumps, chillers, heat exchangers, and compressors.
- Must be a licensed mechanic with the proper training and education
- 4th Class Stationary Engineer preferred or a Building Systems Technologist.
- Minimum two years recent experience in the maintenance of mechanical equipment in a hospital environment.
- Demonstrated ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Good understanding of automated building systems.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and prioritize work requests appropriately.
- Proven problem recognition and problem solving skills.
- Must be able to work independently as well as work effectively as part of the team.
- Must be physically able to perform the job.
- Must have an excellent attendance record.
HOURS: Must be available for 12 hour rotating shifts (days, nights and weekends).