Working Here at St. Michael's Hospital
You are viewing a vacancy at St. Michael’s Hospital, now a member of a new health network along with Providence Healthcare and St. Joseph’s Health Centre. Together, we are committed to a shared purpose of advancing the health of our patients and our urban communities.
Clinical Pharmacist - Diabetes Comprehensive Care
Job Title:Clinical Pharmacist - Diabetes Comprehensive Care
Department:Pharmacy - Clinical
New Work Type:Full-Time Permanent
Salary Range:$43.21 - $51.59 per hour
FTE Assignment (Cas=0.000001):1.0
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To provide direct patient care in the management of drug therapy to achieve positive patient health outcomes, primarily for patients in the Nephrology area including hemodialysis, inpatient nephrology, and/or renal transplant, and coverage to other area as needed. Direct patient care focuses on review of medication orders; selection and assessment of patient´s requiring pharmaceutical care; identifying, resolving and preventing drug related issues for a subset of patients; patient education; patient continuity of care; and the provision of drug information.
- To facilitate and promote accurate, safe, appropriate and cost effective use and distribution of drugs throughout the hospital, including weekend, evening, overnight, and on call rotations.
- To support and participate in educational and research programs sponsored by the pharmacy discipline or hospital.
- To participate in the development, revision, and implementation of standards, protocols, procedures, guidelines pertaining to drug therapy and pharmacy practice.
- Registration as a pharmacist (part A) with the Ontario College of Pharmacists.
- Hospital Pharmacy Practice Residency or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 1 year relevant clinical experience in providing pharmaceutical care to patients in a teaching hospital setting, with nephrology experience preferred.
- Commitment to student and patient teaching, experience preferred.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organization and problem solving skills and demonstrated ability to function in a team environment.
- Interest in research involvement, support.
- Commitment to philosophy of pharmaceutical care and mission and values of St. Michael´s Hospital.