Working Here at St. Michael's Hospital
You are viewing a vacancy at St. Michael’s Hospital, now a member of a new health network along with Providence Healthcare and St. Joseph’s Health Centre. Together, we are committed to a shared purpose of advancing the health of our patients and our urban communities.
Job Title:Clinical Pharmacist-Hemodialysis
New Work Type:Full-Time Temporary
Salary Range:$43.21 - $51.59 per hour
Length of Temporary Assignment:12 months
FTE Assignment (Cas=0.000001):1.0
St. Michael’s, a teaching hospital affiliated with the University of Toronto, is recognized for its excellence and leadership in the areas of heart disease, trauma, inner city health, HIV/AIDS, and cystic fibrosis. We are recruiting a highly motivated, temporary full-time Clinical Pharmacist - Hemodialysis.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To provide direct patient care in the management of drug therapy to achieve positive patient health outcomes, primarily for patients of the Hemodialysis unit, and coverage to other patient care areas as needed. Direct patient care focuses on review of medication orders; selection and assessment of patient´s requiring pharmaceutical care; identifying, resolving and preventing drug related problems for a subset of patients; patient education; medication reconciliation; patient continuity of care; and the provision of drug information.
- To support drug distribution throughout the hospital, including central weekend, evening and oncall rotations, as well as occasional overnight shifts.
- To facilitate and promote accurate, safe, appropriate and cost effective use, and to monitor drug use within the assigned patient service/program.
- To support and participate in educational and research programs and projects sponsored by the pharmacy discipline or hospital, specifically teaching pharmacy students and/or resident; as well as continuing education and professional development.
- To participate in the development, revision, and implementation of standards, protocols, procedures, guidelines and programs pertaining to drug therapy and pharmacy practice.
- Registration as a Pharmacist with the Ontario College of Pharmacists (part A)
- Hospital Pharmacy Practice Residency or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 1 year relevant clinical experience in providing pharmaceutical care to patients in a teaching hospital setting, with nephrology and/or dialysis experience preferred.
- Student and patient teaching skills.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organization and problem solving skills; and demonstrated ability to function in an inter-professional team environment.
- Interest in research involvement and demonstrated potential for scholarly activity.
- Commitment to philosophy of pharmaceutical care and mission and values of St. Michael´s Hospital.
- Must have an excellent attendance record