Working Here at St. Michael's Hospital
You are viewing a vacancy at St. Michael’s Hospital, now a member of a new health network along with Providence Healthcare and St. Joseph’s Health Centre. Together, we are committed to a shared purpose of advancing the health of our patients and our urban communities.
Pharmacy Technician Prescription Care Center
Job Title:Pharmacy Technician Prescription Care Center
Department:Prescription Care Centre
New Work Type:Full-Time Temporary
Salary Range:$26.74 - $31.95 per hour
Length of Temporary Assignment:1 year
FTE Assignment (Cas=0.000001):1.0
St. Michael’s Hospital, a teaching hospital affiliated with the University of Toronto, is recognized for its excellence and leadership in the areas of heart disease, trauma, inner city health, HIV/AIDS, and cystic fibrosis. St. Michael’s Hospital is a leader in safe medication systems, which include Computer Provider Order Entry, “closed-loop” barcode verification of medication administration, electronic Medication Administration Records and robotic dispensing. The Pharmacy Department provides 24/7 hours of service to support these initiatives.
We are seeking a highly motivated temporary full-time Pharmacy Technician to work in our Prescription Care Centre.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under the general supervision of a Pharmacist, functions in a support role as follows:
Perform all duties and responsibilities within RPhT scope of practice as required
- Receive, process and prepare/dispense prescriptions; perform third party billing and related documentation
- Provide customer service to patients & customers of the Prescription Care Centre
- Product procurement, replacement, reconciliation, display/stocking and inventory control functions
- Administratrative duties including filing, scanning, manual billing/reversals, audits, product returns etc.
- Cash duties include use of POS, cash handling, cash reporting
- Monthly Saturday shift part of regular schedule
- Pharmacy technician diploma from an accredited Pharmacy Technician training program or equivalent
- OCP Registration as a Registered Pharmacy Technician
- Minimum two years experience as a pharmacy technician in a retail environment, preferably with Nexxsys/Pharmaclik Rx and/or Kroll experience.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organization and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to function effectively in a team with a strong customer focus.
- Demonstrated ability to work safely and efficiently in a high-volume, high demand, service-oriented dispensary
- Excellent record of attendance and punctuality.
- Demonstrated commitment to the mission and values of St. Michael's Hospital.