Team Leader - Health Information & Knowledge Mobilization
Job Title:Team Leader - Health Information & Knowledge Mobilization
Department:Health Sciences Library
New Work Type:Full-Time Permanent
Salary Range:$37.30 - $43.90 per hour
FTE Assignment (Cas=0.000001):1.0
St. Michael's Hospital seeks a creative, knowledgeable, collaborative and user-oriented information specialist with superior project management, communication and technical skills to assume the responsibilities of Team Leader. The Team Leader is responsible for planning, leading, and coordinating a variety of projects and functions in the Health Sciences Library and ensuring the smooth day-to-day operations of the library. This position is responsible for chairing a number of standing committees and ensuring that projects move forward in a timely manner, as well as coordinating technical services and electronic resources management. The Team Leader may also be asked to support the educational, research and clinical information needs for a selected group of hospital clients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Chairs key department committees to oversee the library’s instructional and marketing activities and ensures goals for each committee are met
- Manages a variety of projects within the department, both technically oriented and otherwise.
- Coordinates staff scheduling and oversees work assignments of technical staff
- Assists the department manager with planning library services
- Identifies special projects and coordinates staff and student placements to complete projects
- Oversees library facilities maintenance and improvement
Coordinating a team of library technicians the Team Leader:
- Maintains up-to-date records for electronic resources using relevant services and tools
- Loads bibliographic records within the ILS system and exports data to external discovery services as required.
- Compiles statistics and provides accurate reports as required.
- Troubleshoots access issues, responds to user inquiries and follows up on access and maintenance problem resolution with publishers and vendors
- Manages and maintains accurate information about eResource access and holdings
- Analyzes and disseminates usage data, and prepares reports to assist in timely decision-making about collections.
- Ensures the library website is maintained and provides proper access to eResources
- Participates in e-resource reviews and assessment
- Liaises with hospital IT department staff as necessary.
- Troubleshoots hardware and software issues on public access computers in the library and computer lab and provides staff training on these tools.
Information Specialist Services
- Provides effective expert literature searching and quality systematic review support: working with scientists, staff, students & clinicians to develop workable protocols, creating and documenting expert literature searches utilizing a variety of bibliographic databases.
- Advises clients on information monitoring strategies to ensure all hospital staff, students and physicians are accessing the most appropriate and timely knowledge in their individual fields at all times
- Responds to general reference inquiries from clients
- Develops and manages collections, including resource selection
- ALA-accredited Master of Library Science degree
- 5 years of related experience, preferably in a health research, academic or hospital setting
- Experience working within an ILS, Electronic Resource Management Systems and relational database environments required.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of electronic resource management practices
- Working knowledge of Excel and HTML required.
- Experience with web design in a library environment
- Excellent project management skills to plan, organize and coordinate various activities
- Ability to work independently and effectively with technology in a fast-paced environment while managing competing priorities;
- Ability to develop clear, concise, and accurate technical documentation
- Excellent communication, facilitation and negotiation skills
- Highly developed organizational, analytical, and problem solving skills with an aptitude for detail-oriented work
- Strong initiative, innovation and flexibility to manage multiple tasks and priorities effectively
- Demonstrated accuracy, attention to detail and ability to prioritize tasks;
- A high level of tolerance for complexity and ambiguity
- Proven success in leading teams
- Professional experience negotiating electronic resource license agreements
- Knowledge of publisher’s, vendor’s and aggregator’s pricing policies and business models
- Experience working with EBSCO management systems such as EBSCO A-Z; Usage Consolidation & EBSCO Discovery System
- Experience working with SirsiDynix Symphony or similar integrated library systems
- Working knowledge MySQL, Java and Perl scripting and XML.
- Experienced user of the LibGuides CMS.
- Knowledge of MARC formats and MARC record editing software required.