Working Here at St. Michael's Hospital
You are viewing a vacancy at St. Michael’s Hospital, now a member of a new health network along with Providence Healthcare and St. Joseph’s Health Centre. Together, we are committed to a shared purpose of advancing the health of our patients and our urban communities.
Procurement Category Specialist Strategic Sourcing
Job Title:Procurement Category Specialist Strategic Sourcing
New Work Type:Full-Time Permanent
Salary Range:$37.30 - $44.56 per hour
FTE Assignment (Cas=0.000001):1.0
The primary role of the Strategic Sourcing department is to manage and support strategic procurement, contracting and supplier relationships through collaboration with end users and external partners, to obtain best value for money in the acquisition of all goods and services used in patient care, education and research in support of St. Michael's Hospital.
The primary responsibility of the Procurement Category Specialist include:
- Leading and managing the procurement process for all projects that are considered to be a strategic initiative to the Hospital, as well as those procurement initiatives that are of high value where a Request For Proposal will be the agreed to sourcing strategy;
- Maintaining responsibilities for the effective management of project activities and stakeholder relationship;
- Maintaining accountability for directing the bids, procurement and contract process;
- Performing reporting and analysis responsibilities;
- Recommending and implementing strategic sourcing opportunities, leveraging competitive procurement, collaborative buying initiatives and other process improvements, to provide best value goods and services that meet the Hospital's requirements and comply with procurement directives and policy. This includes executing a procurement and contract management plan, utilizing shared services, group purchasing, supplier consolidation and market conditions that best maximize the organization's financial resources.
- Assist with training and mentoring Procurement Specialists as required.
- Completion of a recognized Bachelor's Degree in Business, Management, Supply Chain or a Healthcare related field required;
- Five (5) years procurement experience in a project lead role required;
- Practical experience in contract negotiation and the development of contracts in consultation with Legal Counsel required;
- Performance measurement knowledge and experience required;
- Excellent project management skills required;
- Excellent written, verbal and non verbal communication skills are essential;
- Excellent decision making/problem solving skills and interpersonal competencies, are essential;
- Excellent knowledge and application of Broader Public Sector Procurement Directives required;
- Excellent customer service record with proven success working as a part of a team required;
- Excellent financial analytical skills with the ability to clearly articulate process flow required;
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to effectively distribute work in order to meet objectives required;
- Strong processes and procedures development skills required;
- Strong MS Office software applications and purchasing systems skills required;
- Well-developed organizational skills with the ability to work in a fast paced environment and prioritize tasks appropriately required;
- Demonstrated success building and maintaining effective working relationships with all levels of management and staff required;
- Familiarity with e-tendering systems, e.g., Biddingo, etc., required;
- Ability to negotiate legal terms/conditions and read contracts required.