Working Here at St. Michael's Hospital
You are viewing a vacancy at St. Michael’s Hospital, now a member of a new health network along with Providence Healthcare and St. Joseph’s Health Centre. Together, we are committed to a shared purpose of advancing the health of our patients and our urban communities.
Data Analyst - Trauma Registry Office
Job Title:Data Analyst - Trauma Registry Office
Department:Trauma Registry Office
New Work Type:Full-Time Permanent
Salary Range:$24.29 - $29.01 per hour
Length of Temporary Assignment:n/a
FTE Assignment (Cas=0.000001):1.0
St. Michael’s Trauma Program is currently seeking a full-time permanent Data Analyst to work in a supportive team environment in the Trauma Services office participating in the collection and coding of health records following injury or emergency surgery including primary diagnoses, procedures, complications and co-morbid conditions. The successful candidate would be responsible for abstracting data from confidential health records and accurately coding health record data. Training and supervision related to the relevant software and coding systems will be provided by the Trauma Services staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collecting and coding primary diagnoses, anatomical injuries, procedures, diseases, complications and co-morbid conditions using International Classification of Diseases 10 coding.
- Accurately entering data into registry software.
- Report writing as necessary
- Graduate of an approved Health Information Management Program. Certified with Canadian Health Information Management Association (CHIMA).
- Thorough knowledge of anatomy, physiology, pathology and medical terminology is essential.
- Experience in the use of computers and appropriate software (Database software, Excel, Word etc).
- Must have a thorough understanding of ICD 10-CA coding.
- Preference given to those with experience with Abbreviated Injury Scale coding (Advancement of Automotive Medicine coding scheme).
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to interpret clinical documentation.
- Effective interpersonal skills and the ability to work as a team member in a small department.
- Ability to observe deadlines and prioritize workload on a regular basis.
- Excellent attendance record.