Working Here at St. Michael's Hospital
You are viewing a vacancy at St. Michael’s Hospital, now a member of a new health network along with Providence Healthcare and St. Joseph’s Health Centre. Together, we are committed to a shared purpose of advancing the health of our patients and our urban communities.
Job Title:Neurophysiology Technologist
New Work Type:Part-Time Permanent
Salary Range:$33.95 - $40.54 per hour
FTE Assignment (Cas=0.000001):0.4
St. Michael's Hospital is currently seeking a part-time Neurophysiology Technologist, or an individual trained in EEG testing. St. Michael's Hospital is located in the heart of downtown Toronto and affiliated with the University of Toronto, employing several full- and part- time EEG and EMG technologists in a busy outpatient and inpatient setting.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Outpatient EEG and/or EMG testing
- Inpatient testing occasionally
- Canadian or American Board certified in electroencephalography (EEG) or eligible for certification by virtue of past training
- EMG and Evoked potential experience is an asset, but not sufficient without EEG qualifications
- Previous experience in Electrodiagnostic Sleep is similarly an asset
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and be self-motivated
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent attendance record
Notation: Candidates who do not possess formal certification may be hired in an underfill capacity, at a reduced salary, until qualifications are met. Training will be provided on the job, with expectation that the employee will commit to continuing to work at St. Michael’s Hospital upon successful completion of training. For technologists who do not have a full certification or all the relevant skill sets (EMG, EEG, EP) this could be a great opportunity to upgrade your skills while working in a high quality setting.