Working Here at St. Michael's Hospital
You are viewing a vacancy at St. Michael’s Hospital, now a member of a new health network along with Providence Healthcare and St. Joseph’s Health Centre. Together, we are committed to a shared purpose of advancing the health of our patients and our urban communities.
Program Manager, Supply Chain, Non-Clinical
Job Title:Program Manager, Supply Chain, Non-Clinical
Job Category:Project Management
New Work Type:Full-Time Permanent
Salary Range:Salary under review
FTE Assignment (Cas=0.000001):1.0
The Program Manager, Supply Chain provides day to day direction and leadership for the assigned supply chain program. This role manages a team of individuals (Sourcing Category Specialists and Buyers) and oversees all supply chain activities supporting the delivery of products and services to Unity Health Toronto programs including Planning, Engineering, Clinical Engineering and Facilities. The individual plans and manages the execution of supply chain operations to ensure the business objectives of stakeholders within the portfolio are achieved. Individuals in this role are logical potential successors to the Director, Supply Chain, Non-Clinical.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead all staff and activities related to category management including:
- Category strategy;
- Compliance management;
- Category performance management; and
- Standardization and product evaluation efforts.
- Lead all staff and activities related to strategic sourcing including:
- Sourcing strategy;
- Building and maintaining contract templates;
- RFx and supplier selection (sourcing events); and
- Supplier transition and integration.
- Lead all staff and activities related to purchasing including:
- Requisitions and purchase orders;
- Tactical purchasing; and
- Support for invoicing and payment activities.
- Lead all staff and activities related to materials management including:
- Demand planning;
- Distribution network and channel decisions;
- Inventory management (PAR levels, conversions; etc.); and
- Logistics, including reverse logistics (returns and recalls).
- Maintain responsibility for the life cycle management of major supplier relationships and agreements in his/her assigned programs including:
- Supplier segmentation and governance;
- Quality and performance management;
- Supplier risk management; and
- Contract management
- Act as the primary point of contact for all supply chain related activities for assigned programs:
- Build and sustain positive relationships and account management with program leaders and members, through clear communication and planning, effective engagement, and genuine care and concern;
- Build and sustain positive relationships with supporting business units/departments/programs; and
- Collaborate with multiple stakeholders to lead and support cross-functional projects (e.g. sourcing events, standardization exercises, value analysis activities).
- Support supplier relationship management activities, including GPO/SSOs and other shared services organizations.
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field, Master’s degree preferred
- Previous management experience required; preferably within the Healthcare industry
- Must have knowledge about contemporary technology and how it pertains to supply chain
- Previous experience in multi-industry supply chain operations an asset
- Knowledge of capital investments, construction/redevelopment, and procurement activities an asset
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to work effectively at management level within Unity Health Toronto;
- Strong relationship management and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to lead effectively in a dynamic operational environment
- Proven abilities to deploy metrics and facilitate continuous improvement within Supply Chain
- Creative and solution-oriented mindset with the ability to translate this into creative and workable solutions
- Innovative entrepreneurial traits seasoned by experience and business acumen