The Department of Information Technology Services performs an enablement and support role for St. Michael’s Hospital. The End User Support Specialist will provide remedial service to a wide range of products including but not limited to PCs, printers, laptops, mobile devices, PDAs, and Computers On Wheels.
The successful candidate will be results oriented and be able to utilise their technical knowledge to provide secondary and tertiary level support of the end user computing environment. These efforts must meet the requirements of both the operational business end user community and information technology application support teams.
The environment demands that the individual will be able to manage multiple assignments simultaneously while ensuring commitments are met. Individuals will be required to be certified and re-certified as new technologies are being adapted by EUC.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- providing technical expertise to the installation, upgrading, and maintenance of end user computing devices including desktop computers, laptop computers, hardcopy output devices (printers), and mobile personal digital assistant (PDA) type devices
- ensuring that the hospital’s help desk request tracking system is updated as necessary to reflect the outcome(s) of intervention(s)
- ensuring compliance with hospital standards relative to the end user computing environment
- maintaining control of end user computing assets accuracy in the hospital’s Information Technology inventory system
- providing orientation and training to SMH End Users and Summer Students
- receiving, reviewing and maintaining documentation for EUC
- maintaining required level of service and commitment to EUC projects when required
- A College Diploma specialized in Information Technology with one to three demonstrated years of experience in the field is required
- Professional industry certification such as MCP from Microsoft or CCNA from Cisco and maintaining currency of SMH relevant certifications is mandatory.
- A++, Windows 7 Certifications are mandatory
- Working knowledge of End User Computing tools including desktop computers, laptop computers, hard copy output devices (printers), and mobile personal digital assistant (PDA) type devices
- Working knowledge of End User Computing support tools such as McAfee anti-virus
- Working knowledge of Common Off the Shelf Software (Microsoft Office, etc) is preferred
- Demonstrated ability in problem determination and resolution techniques
- Demonstrated flexibility and ability to adapt to change
- Demonstrated strong analytical, organization, and decision-making skills and the ability to work within a team environment
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous professional learning
- Demonstrated ability to function as part of a team
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Ability to function within a 7/24 environment, work shifts, and participate in a rotational on-call service