Job Title:Administrative Coordinator
Job Category:Administrative/Clerical Support
New Work Type:Full-Time Permanent
Salary Range:$26.37 - $31.51 per hour
FTE Assignment (Cas=0.000001):1.0
The Centre for Faculty Development (CFD) is a partnership between the University of Toronto and St. Michael's Hospital. The CFD is committed to enhancing the academic development of individuals who have a role related to teaching, education and academic work in healthcare organizations. This is accomplished through consultations, the organization of formal and informal programming and through education research.
The Administrative Coordinator is an integral part of the CFD team and performs a broad range of essential administrative duties in support of the CFD Manager, staff and Directors in the execution of their work, programs, and initiatives. The Administrative Coordinator also co-ordinates day to day clerical activities within the department to ensure smooth departmental functioning.
The functions of this position are high level administrative, analytical reporting, financial monitoring, office coordination, and special projects/events organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Front desk reception; Greets visitors in a friendly and professional manner
- Acts as the first point of contact for the CFD; Answers general inquiries in-person, over the phone and via email
- General office duties include monitoring and ordering supplies, maintaining general office cleanliness, mail sorting, photocopying, equipment maintenance, arranging courier services, providing computer support and troubleshooting for the team, registering team members for conferences and making travel / hotel arrangements, etc.
- Oversees accounts receivable and payable functions for department as well as the financial reconciliation of multiple accounts
- Attends meetings and authors / disseminates minutes.
- Maintains room bookings for the multitude of CFD programs and meetings
- Prepares handout materials for meetings and education program/workshop sessions, coordinates room set up, orders refreshments, room cleanup following sessions, etc.
- Assists in tallying education session evaluations using Word and Excel templates
- Organizes special events / visits (ie. strategic retreats, out of town guest visits, etc) and team building functions (i.e. luncheons, etc).
- Provides full administrative support to multiple CFD Directors (organizing and maintaining schedule, drafting correspondence, editing documents in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint, making travel arrangements, CV updating, etc)
- Develops and maintains an Administrative office manual for related procedures
- Coordinates time entry and payroll for all CFD staff; facilitates and resolves issues relating to the payroll process
- Maintains open communication with all staff to quickly address issues and suggestions for improvement
- Completes other duties as required.
- A minimum of 3 years related work experience in a mid to senior level administrative role either in a hospital environment or an institution of higher learning (e.g. college or University)
- College diploma in Administration or an Undergraduate Degree preferred
- Ability to effectively act as an agent/liaison for the CFD Manager and Director.
- Proven ability to produce accurate work with appropriate turnaround time
- Strong customer service orientation with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills in order to interact with all levels of internal and external customers
- Ability to work in an agile team environment; Flexibility in responding to work demands
- Proven ability to work independently as well co-operatively in a team environment
- Proven ability to prioritize a busy workload and multitask
- Industrious, organized, methodical worker with ability to use initiative and good judgment
- Ability to identify relevant support(s) for the resolution of issues in the day to day operations
- Excellent initiative
- Demonstrated decision making/problem solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills with demonstrated attention to detail
- Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Suite, computerized calendars and scheduling systems)
- Excellent attendance record (no absenteeism issues, arrives to work on time, etc.)