Working Here at St. Michael's Hospital
You are viewing a vacancy at St. Michael’s Hospital, now a member of a new health network along with Providence Healthcare and St. Joseph’s Health Centre. Together, we are committed to a shared purpose of advancing the health of our patients and our urban communities.
Diagnostic Medical Sonographer
Job Title:Diagnostic Medical Sonographer
Department:Medical Imaging Ultrasound
Job Category:Health Disciplines
New Work Type:Casual
Salary Range:$35.73 - $42.67 per hour
FTE Assignment (Cas=0.000001):0.000001
|DUTIES & RESPONSIBILTIES|
- Demonstrates proficiency in all aspects of a Generalist Sonographer
- Documents, reports and reviews ultrasound findings to provide an accurate patient diagnosis
- Must demonstrate critical thinking skills with the ability to manage competing demands
- Assists radiologists with special procedures performed under ultrasound guidance
- Operates and provides continuous maintenance of ultrasound equipment via participation in Quality Control and Quality Assurance tests.
- Provides optimum patient care and demonstrates a professional manner in the work setting.
- Should have the ability to work in an academic environment and participate if required
- Actively participates in team building concepts, and development of departmental goals with the ability to adapt to change
- Must be able to work independently and without supervision
- Actively participates in all research activities and examinations
- All other duties as assigned and required for operational purposes
Must be willing to work evenings and/or weekends, all shifts as directed by the Program.
- Graduate of an accredited Diagnostic Medical Ultrasound Program.
- Must be licensed by and in good standing with the College of Medical Radiation Technologists of Ontario (CMRTO) by Dec 31, 2018
- Registration and in good standing with Sonography Canada as a Generalist Sonographer (CRGS) Registration with the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS - AB, OB/GYN) an asset.
- Registration with the Ontario Association of Medical Radiation Sciences an asset.
- New graduates must obtain credentials within 3 months of hire
- Certification in Vascular, MSK would be an asset.
- Recent experience an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (verbal/written), and organization skills.
- Understanding and commitment to the Hospital's Mission and Values.
- Demonstrated ability to handle stress and conflict management in a professional, effective manner.
- Excellent problem recognition and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and accurately, both autonomously and as an effective team member.
- Ability to meet patient and staff needs in an efficient manner.
- Commitment to meet the goals and objectives of the department.
- Must be flexible, punctual and have an excellent attendance record