Working Here at St. Michael's Hospital
You are viewing a vacancy at St. Michael’s Hospital, now a member of a new health network along with Providence Healthcare and St. Joseph’s Health Centre. Together, we are committed to a shared purpose of advancing the health of our patients and our urban communities.
Physiotherapist - Respirology
Job Title:Physiotherapist - Respirology
Job Category:Health Disciplines
New Work Type:Part-Time Temporary
Union Affiliation:Non Union
Salary Range:$36.78 - $43.91 per hour
Length of Temporary Assignment:1 year
FTE Assignment (Cas=0.000001):0.2
As a Physiotherapist on the Respirology Unit, there is a large focus on Chest Physiotherapy on patients with Cystic Fibrosis, TB, as well as general respiratory issues such as Asthma and COPD.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assessment and management of physical impairments or disabilities with the aim of enhancing and restoring functional abilities and quality of life within the context of an inter-professional team.
- Able to work effectively as a member of an inter-professional team, collaborating with other disciplines to provide comprehensive patient care
- Contributes to the academic mandate of the organization as an educator, resource or support for staff, students and members of the academic and professional community
- Identifies and addresses educational needs for patients and their families
- Demonstrates commitment to ongoing professional development
- Is committed to, and participates in, ongoing quality improvement in the organization
- Provides patient care in accordance with all professional and organizational standards
- Must be registered by and in good standing with the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario (CPO) for practice in all applicable clinical areas
- Must have a MSc degree in Physiotherapy (or equivalent)
- Current CPR certification
- Excellent communication, critical thinking and interpersonal skills
- Proven flexibility and adaptability in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent time management, organizational and prioritization skills as relates to patient care
- Demonstrated commitment to and involvement with own profession professional association, etc.) preferred
- Experience working with Respirology patients
- Recent experience working within an acute care setting
Must be willing to work evenings and/or weekends as directed by the Program.