We are currently looking for Payload or Bus engineering specialists interested in future contract work. The individuals will be full-time, part-time and/or on-call resident Engineers in Telesat field offices located at satellite contractor facilities in North America, Europe or Asia.
The incumbent will be either a Payload or Bus engineering specialist resident in a Telesat field office located at a satellite contractor’s plant in North America, Europe or Asia. The Payload or Bus engineer will provide technical expertise on communications satellite payloads or the satellite bus in the monitoring of a Telesat customer satellite procurement program. This will include participation in design, test and failure reviews. The incumbent will monitor and be fully informed on the progress and all issues with design, manufacturing, assembly, integration, test and schedule.
- Provide expert technical support in the day-to-day monitoring of the design, manufacture, assembly integration and test of a Telesat customer satellite.
- Perform the field office resident duties by staying fully informed on all issues, striving to uncover technical issues, ensuring that problems are addressed and providing suggestions for closure, following a proactive and in-depth engineering approach to the activities, and keeping the program manager fully informed.
- Prepare detailed well-written reports and presentations for Telesat, including weekly and monthly reports.
- Assist in analyzing specifications and test requirements.
- Analyze design review packages and actively participate in design review meetings. Identify areas of non-compliance, potential risk, and recommend appropriate actions to take.
- Witness and evaluate unit and subsystem testing, and satellite level assembly, integration and tests.
- Lead or assist in troubleshooting problems and anomalies with the design and/or test or unites or subsystems. Evaluate the recommended corrective actions proposed by the contractor and provide independent suggestions on appropriate analyses, redesign, rework and re-tests that are necessary.
- Ensure major action items are tracked, answered, reviewed and closed.
- Interface directly with peer contractor engineering staff to understand and resolve design, production or test issues. Interface directly with customer engineering and management staff.
- Masters or Bachelor Degree in Engineering
- Eligible to work in Canada, USA or European Union
- At least five years of practical satellite industry experience in either communications satellite payloads or satellite bus
- Previous experience at a field office at a satellite contractor is a definite asset
- Experience in unit and subsystem level budgets, analysis and specifications
- Design and/or procurement experience with either all payload hardware (LTWTAs, receivers, multiplexers, antennas, etc) or all bus hardware (power, ACS, TCR, propulsion, thermal structures, mechanisms and launcher interfaces, etc.)
- Experience with test requirements and evaluation of test results for units and subsystems
- In-depth technical knowledge is required to work in the spacecraft consulting business as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Effective presentation skills
- Ability to work independently with Telesat customers
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills and general computer skills
- Canadian Controlled Goods (CGP) Clearance which requires a Criminal Record Name Check
- United States International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) -- approved by the United States Department of State for access to controlled technical data and/or hardware
If you have the experience and knowledge we are looking for and interested in contract work (temporary and/or on-call), please submit your application online.