MTA Transformation Job Description
Job Title: Engineering Manager, MTA Transformation
Department/Division: Chief Transformation Office
Location: 2 Broadway, NY, NY
Financial Disclosure: Policy Maker
The Engineering Manager will lead MTA Transformation efforts focused on implementing and driving the transition from current state to future state.
- Leads the execution of on-going and new engineering initiatives to drive improved safety, customer service, and operational efficiency across all MTA agencies.
- Leads and directs reorganization initiatives and development of strong center-led business functions
- Directs the streamlining of business processes, establishment of controls and other efforts to drive improvement.
- Oversees and conducts a comprehensive and detailed assessment of existing policies, practices, and processes and develops a strong Transformation implementation plan in order to achieve desired results.
- Executes current and new initiatives related to driving effective integration of the Agencies and functions.
- Drives a continuous improvement culture that supports future initiatives on a consistent basis.
- Generates multi-year value creation strategies and a structure to support them.
- Partners and collaborates with agency leadership and senior management to implement change.
- Directs and manages staff on a day-to-day basis. Selects, develops and motivates personnel. Provides career development for subordinates. Provides prompt and effective coaching and counseling. Disciplines and/or terminates employees when necessary. Reviews performance of staff. Creates a professional environment that respects individual differences and enables all employees to develop and contribute to their full potential.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
- A Bachelor’s degree in engineering (Civil, Mechanical, Electrical) or a related field. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered in lieu of a degree. A Master’s degree and/or Professional Engineering License preferred.
- Progressively responsible experience in engineering or a related field.
- Prior supervisory or experience in a leadership role.
- Proven ability to collaborate with cross department stakeholders and drive outcomes.
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to plan and manage projects by aligning business goals with solutions to drive process improvements.
- Prior experience achieving organizational change and targeted performance goals.
- Must be a proven leader as a change agent and creative/innovative thinker.
- Must have the ability and focus on results, organizational effectiveness, improvement and development.
- Must possess proven leadership ability, sound judgment, effective verbal and written skills and the ability to resolve conflicts and balance competing priorities.
- Proficient computer skills (i.e., Windows environment, Microsoft Office Suite), and strong business administrative skills (i.e., report and letter writing, time management).
- E-mail updated resume pertinent to Job Description in MS Word format to: firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP.
- 3 References (include name, title, direct, telephone number and e-mail address) are required after submission of resume.
- Employer is EEO.