MTA Transformation Job Description
Job Title: Director Quality Assurance, MTA Transformation
Location: 2 Broadway, NY, NY
Financial Disclosure: Policy Maker
The Director of Quality Assurance (“QA”) will lead Transformation efforts focused on building and embedding cross-functional capabilities that help ensure the MTA achieves results. Responsible to establish a strategic quality assurance system and plan that promotes customer satisfaction and positively impacts the overall financial performance of the MTA. This role is the champion of continuous improvement efforts ensuring quality products, services, and processes by establishing and enforcing quality standards across all agencies.
- Leads the execution of on-going and new quality assurance initiatives to drive improved safety, customer service, and operational efficiency across all MTA agencies.
- Leads and directs reorganization initiatives and development of strong center-led business functions
- Directs the streamlining of business processes, establishment of controls and other efforts to drive improvement.
- Oversees and conducts a comprehensive and detailed assessment of existing policies, practices, and processes and develops a strong Transformation implementation plan in order to achieve desired results.
- Executes current and new initiatives related to driving effective integration of the Agencies and functions.
- Drives a continuous improvement culture that supports future initiatives on a consistent basis.
- Generates multi-year value creation strategies and a structure to support them.
- Directs and manages staff on a day-to-day basis. Selects, develops and motivates personnel. Provides career development for subordinates. Provides prompt and effective coaching and counseling. Disciplines and/or terminates employees when necessary. Reviews performance of staff. Creates a professional environment that respects individual differences and enables all employees to develop and contribute to their full potential.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, quality control or related degree. Advanced degree preferred.
- Progressively responsible experience in Quality Assurance or a related field.
- Proven track record of implementing large scale QA initiatives, managing QA for large project teams, including vendors.
- Prior supervisory experience or experience leading teams.
- Prior experience achieving organizational change and targeted performance goals
- Prior experience developing innovative strategies with the ability to plan and manage projects by aligning business goals with solutions to drive process improvements.
- Proven experience in influencing and supporting executive level leaders and programs with strong interpersonal skills and ability to engage at all levels and functions of the organization.
- Must be a proven leader as a change agent and creative/innovative thinker.
- Must have ability and focus on organizational effectiveness, improvement and development.
- Proficient computer skills (i.e., Windows environment, Microsoft Office), and strong business administrative skills (i.e., report and letter writing, time management).
- E-mail updated resume pertinent to Job Description in MS Word format to: email@example.com ASAP.
- 3 References (include name, title, direct, telephone number and e-mail address) are required after submission of resume.
- Employer is EEO.