MTA Transformation Job Description
Job Title: Director of Program Delivery - Training
Department/Division: Transformation Management Office (TMO)
Reports to: Head of Program Delivery
Location: 2 Broadway
Summary of Job:
This position is in the Transformation Management Office (TMO), which is a statutorily enacted, newly formed, temporary department at the MTA. The goal of the TMO is to manage the MTA’s Transformation to OneMTA focused on delivering effective functions that support operations, safety and customer service.
The training director is responsible for improving the existing learning and development programs to increase the productivity of the organization’s employees. This position is responsible for the effective development, coordination and presentation of training and development programs for all employees. The training director assesses enterprise-wide developmental needs to drive training initiatives and identifies and arranges suitable training solutions for employees. This position actively searches, creatively designs and implements effective methods to educate, enhance performance and recognize performance.
- Conduct a detailed analysis on methods to improve the organization’s learning and development processes to enhance the knowledge and skills of the organization’s employees.
- Evaluate and measure results of MTA training programs and provide feedback to stakeholders on ways to enhance employee output.
- Analyze, develop, and implement various learning and development programs to improve on current business processes.
- Work with key stakeholders to identify training deficiencies and develop corresponding curriculum and training materiel using a variety of media.
- Direct, monitor, and coach training staff. Cultivate an environment for innovation and professional growth.
- Foster a creative environment for staff to find innovative methods for teaching trainings and new topics to improve current methodologies.
- Conduct ad-hoc research and re-cap studies on existing training courses. Find ways to continuously improve how the MTA delivers information.
- Plan, organize, and facilitate employee workshops, lunch and learn seminars as well as special events.
- Exemplify the desired culture and philosophies of the organization.
- Other assignments as requested by senior management.
Education and Experience:
- BA/BS in Communications, Organizational Psychology, Human Resources, Education, Business or related field.
- A minimum of 10 years progressive experience in a Training capacity with a focus on employee development and engagement.
- CPLP credential or equivalent preferred.
- Knowledge of best-in-class adult learning and training practices and methodologies.
- Proficiency in Learning Management Systems, Peoplesoft experience preferred.
- Knowledge of MTA objectives and operations preferred.
- Collaboration skills with ability to build effective relationships, as well as influence peers and staff.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to tailor messages to the given audience, present information in a clear and concise manner
- Strong prioritization and organization skills, with ability to multitask in a fast-paced and challenging environment
How to Apply:
Email updated resume in MS Word format reflective of the Job Description to: BillBurgess@TheBurgessGroup,com or apply online on our Website at: www.TheBurgessGroup.com, ASAP. After submission, call if any questions: 212.406.2400. After MTA resume feedback, 3 references will be due.
MTA is an equal opportunity employer.
Note: You do not need to make a candidate profile to apply for a job with The Burgess Group. This feature is designed to help save time if you want to apply to several jobs or if you decide that you would like to apply for jobs with us in the future.