MTA Transformation Job Description
Job Title: Director Research and Development, MTA Transformation
Location: 2 Broadway, NY, NY
Financial Disclosure: Policy Maker
The Director of Research and Development will lead Transformation efforts related to the innovation and development of quality, performance-driven products and/or technologies that complement our customers’ needs and MTA business strategy. This position is responsible for identifying, designing, and implementing creative new and improved business and technology solutions across all MTA agencies.
- Lead and direct the research and development strategy supporting the MTA Transformation effort.
- Lead cross-functional workstreams and teams through thoughtful planning, execution, and support from concept through product launch.
- Drive accountability, consistency, quality, and process standardization across all phases of research and development.
- In accordance with company objectives, develop and monitor research plans and budgets for R&D projects, ensuring projects are completed on time and within cost objectives.
- Communicate research and development strategy and updates to senior management.
- Drive sustainable improvements through leadership, risk management, tactical prioritization, project management and business process to improve overall results.
- Identify best practices and implement them within the organization.
- Select, develop and motivate personnel within the department. Provide career development for subordinates. Provide prompt and effective coaching and counseling. Responsible for discipline/termination of employees when necessary. Review performance of staff. Create a professional environment that respects individual differences and enables all employees to develop and contribute to their full potential.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business Administration, or a related field. Master’s Degree preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Progressively responsible experience in research and development or related field.
- Prior supervisory experience or experience leading teams.
- Prior experience developing innovative strategies with the ability to plan and manage projects by aligning business goals with solutions to drive process improvements
- Experience with technology implementations and data analytics.
- Excellent project management and disciplined problem-solving skills to drive performance.
- Prior experience achieving organizational change and targeted performance goals.
- Proven experience in influencing and supporting executive level leaders and programs with strong interpersonal skills and ability to engage at all levels and functions of the organization.
- Must be a proven leader as a change agent and creative/innovative thinker.
- Must have ability and focus on organizational effectiveness, improvement and development.
- Exceptional analytical skills.
- Proficient computer skills (i.e., Microsoft Office Suite), and strong business administrative skills (i.e., report and letter writing, time management, etc.).
- E-mail updated resume pertinent to Job Description in MS Word format to: firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP.
- 3 References (include name, title, direct, telephone number and e-mail address) are required after submission of resume.
- Employer is EEO.