Guelph Distribution Centre
Senior Operations Manager, Warehouse
Responsible for warehouse operations of the largest distribution center in the Tim Hortons distribution network, you have real impact in providing millions of Canadians with their favorite cup of coffee every day. We are looking for a self-starter with an ownership mindset, strong safety culture, front-line leadership skills, and focus on process efficiency, continuous improvement and customer service.
Under the guidance of Director Guelph DC, the Senior Warehouse Manager will be accountable for the overall warehouse operation, which receives, stores, moves and ships supplies, stock and materials to and/or from the warehouse to our Restaurants. The person will oversee the overall operation and ensure a safe working environment, effective storage, distribution of customer goods on time without damage, and be responsible for developing and implementing short- and long-term warehouse resource planning.
- 5 – 10 years’ experience in in all aspects of warehouse/freight logistics industry
- 3 - 5 years’ of supervisory/management experience within the warehouse/freight logistics industry
- Experience with warehouse and labour management systems
- Excellent communication, analytical and interpersonal/team skills
- Demonstrated leadership, problem solving, process improvement and decision making skills
- Demonstrated knowledge and commitment to safety
- Proven ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast paced environment
- Proficient computer skills in PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Access and email (Outlook).
A. (40%) Manage the overall warehouse operation. Act as Manager-once-removed to those engaged in loading, unloading, moving and storing customer product
- Plan, develop, organize, direct and manage warehousing operations which includes the daily flow of inbound and outbound products to ensure production requirements are met
- Develop routines, policies and standard operating procedures for the warehouse operations
- Ensure safe working environment and drive safety culture
- Develop and monitor key performance indicators and prepare reports and related statistics
- Forecast short-term and mid-term labour requirements
- Prepare annual warehouse budget; manage, monitor and approve all expenditures for the department while adhering to budget expectations
- Assure the integrity of the inventory management function within the Guelph DC, including cycle counting, physical inventories, month end reconciliation’s, inventory reports and pallet control
- Keep abreast of distribution industry developments and technology to identify opportunities and make recommendations to improve distribution operations
B. (40%) Manage team in the warehouse, sustain employee relations and monitor performance
- Manage, coach and develop supervisory team including personal development and succession planning
- Make recruitment and hiring recommendations of direct reports and oversee all employee training, including orientation, health and safety, technology and customer service
- Motivate and inspire the team and drive engagement of the team with high touch in-person interactions
- Manage productivity results and/or quality of the operation
- Responsible to resolve conflict and to create a positive and productive team environment
- Ensure compliance and training standards are met
- Provide timely and effective communication through staff meetings, individual interactions, as well as written and electronic communication
C. (20%) Provide and maintain strong customer service. Solve problems and execute continuous improving activities.
- Ensure the completion on daily mandates to provide on time and on quality deliveries to our Restaurants
- Address problems with production or shipping delays, quality-control issues, such as damaged or improperly packed goods, and problems with warehouse capacity and client deadlines
- Engage in cross-functional projects that focus on continuous improvement of distribution business.
Tasks and Duties:
Manage all aspects of the warehouse operation, with safety of employees and efficiency of the operation being the priority. Tasks and duties include:
- Oversee the training of employees, staffing actions, staff succession plans, staff performance evaluation, employee personal-development plans, conducting coaching sessions with each employee as required, managing conflict and discipline when necessary, motivating and inspiring team to optimize performance both individually and collectively, to build morale and reduce turnover, keeping all employees informed through meetings and written communication
- Be present and available to employees; “manage by walking around”
- Be a part of a true safety culture by modelling and influencing safe behaviors at every level
- Develop, implement and enforce warehousing policies/procedures, and regulatory-compliance procedures
- Prepare various reports for customer materials shipped and received at the warehouse, ensuring that all damages or problems are recorded
- Determine compliance with laws, regulations, standards and complete appropriate documentation as required
- Prepare warehouse activity and KPI reports, daily/weekly operations reports, health and safety, HR
- Ensure all material-handling equipment, structures or materials are maintained, incl. regular safety inspections
- Review the warehouse operation throughout the work process and at completion, including the daily “circle check” to ensure that all products are stored safely
- Be accountable to the customer for both quality and quantity of output and resolve any problems, ensuring that potential customer complaints are escalated
- Continuously monitor effectiveness of the warehouse-operations strategies aimed at reducing operating costs and improving quality-control procedures. Offer alternative solutions to system and procedural issues
TDL Group Corp is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request for candidates with disabilities.