Reporting to the Driver Supervisors, this position is responsible for performing truck driving duties as required, including: linehauls, restaurant deliveries as needed, operating power drivers lift/pump truck, and acting as a customer service representative to restaurant owners, vendors, as well as the general public.
Our Kingston Distribution Centre Team is committed to excellence in our people, products and premises. We are looking for a Resident Truck Driver based out of the Ottawa area who is a customer service focused, detail-oriented team player.
- Experienced (1-2 years) Class 1 delivery driver with excellent driving skills and a clean driving record
- High level interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Excellent communication skills, to deal with requests and concerns from owners and the Driver team
- Demonstrates our Values; Team-oriented, shows initiative, and is extremely customer-focused
- CVOR and a Clean Driver’s Abstract to be provided at the time of application
- Ability to lift up to 23 kg (50 lbs.)
- Correctible vision
- Ability and willingness to work in marked temperature changes
- Consistently operates Company equipment in a safe and professional manner at all times
- Performs Pre/Post- trip inspections to ensure THI fleet standards are met
- Completes all appropriate regulatory and Company documentation and promptly provides to Fleet Supervisor
- Safely operates on-board truck computers
- At restaurant level, verifies accuracy of food order, and assists with off-loading of product into the restaurant
- Handles inquires and or concerns from owners/customers professionally and re-directs where possible
- Responsible for yard duties when assigned to Driver Warehouse duties
- Performs general cleaning duties as required
- Understands the importance of food safety in a warehouse environment
What do we offer?
- Competitive base salary + bonus
- Excellent company-paid medical/dental benefits – starting day 1
- 3 weeks paid vacation
- Pension Plan
and much more !
The TDL Group Corp. is an equal opportunity employer.